Premium headwear for passive skills

I had a thought about having headwear options themed for each kind of profession in the game that led to miners having hats with flashlights.

What if there were options for headwear that cost more and had a function? So if you have a full skill page and no light source epic you can pay double cubits to have a hat that gives it to you. Auto loot would be pretty great too, though that’s a different story.

Just an idea seedling here :grin::+1:

12 Likes

Im a fan of those ideas

3 Likes

You mean like that we could level our hats?

1 Like

No just one set passive effect

1 Like

I think it is a cool idea.
And i think the “P2W” Train will roll in full Speed aswell.

2 Likes

I can think of a perfect one on this right away, at least perfect for me… :grin: The winged headpiece here, I love it anyways, but imagine if you could wear it and not take fall damage, or very little?

3 Likes

Let’s not make the cubits system into a track that can lead to “pay for benefit” as people tend to call it. That’s the shitstorm Fallout76 is going through.

4 Likes

Déjà Vu

but it would be nice.

maybe basic hat we can get after unlocking all skill pages and able to level that hat up - each level allowing us to unlock 1 of skill from pool including flashlight, auto-loot, fast walking,. water-breathing, stealth, %double drop, etc?

2 Likes

Cubits should never be used or have a purpose of giving an advantage over others. This would start a pay to win model that I absolutely detest. The idea is great but the cubits no.

3 Likes

Cubits or real world money, i would pay either to have permanent light source on all of my toons so i didnt have to waste the 5 skill points.

3 Likes

I like this idea! I want a hat for explorers that would keep it always daytime!
edit: I really would like that so i could see what im grappling when finding regions

2 Likes

What about a craftable headgear SLOT that you have to fuel with something to keep a buff going?

Example: Unlocking the slot costs a number of Creature mantle + hard leather + resin (or whatever, who cares), you’re essentially creating a headgear template that you customize with an augment style fuel cell, such as:

• Miner Headlamp: Adds light radius
    Requires flint, any metal bar (for color), torch, corrosive shard to craft
    Lasts for 1hr of use, stacks like weapon augments

• Skydiver Goggles: Reduces fall damage by X
    Requires Flotation sac, glass (for lens color), shock shard to craft

• Warrior Helm: Adds a rank of Kinetic armor and Impulse armor
    Requires titanium alloy, refined rock (for color), blast shard to craft

So many possibilities!

3 Likes

I’m fine with paying cubits for some QoL. I don’t see it as P2W to gain essentially a flashlight… I mean we can put Glow on literally every tool in the game I think, and max glow puts out more light than the epic alone does (If I remember correctly). I think people are just resistive to any QoL that could equate to spending money… Its really good Gleam Club launched with the game, otherwise people would hate it as a “idea to add” too.

Thumbs up for me, headgear is already bought with cubits, some special ones that had some added benefit would be fine to me. Just make sure none of them are stronger than the equivalents we have elsewhere in the game and they become purely optional QoL and not P2W.

1 Like

I’m happy to see this idea developing! I knew as I was posting that this is technically a p2w situation, but I think the distinction of it being a passive trait and a one-and-done boost kind of keeps it under control. The worst kind of p2w would be the ability to buy coins and xp.

I do see how this could be a gateway though and can understand skepticism- I suppose my defense here is that it’s similar to using cubits for a new skill page. We would basically just be paying for an additional skill that transcends all skill pages.

1 Like

Maybe that’s how armor will actually be, except without necessarily needing to fuel it. That would be satisfying haha. Really I just can’t live without light source but wish it didn’t take up 5 skill points!

3 Likes