Preorder and launch day rollout times

Hello, can a dev or anyone reliably informed posssibly provide any info on the official launch rollout schedule? I have EA on pc, but am eagerly awaiting ps4 release which i have preordered. Being in Australia I will be hitting Sep 7th sooner than a lot of you other guys here lol, but am just wondering if its a synchrronised worldwide release (ie 00:00 GMT), a timed zone release (ie midnight local time) or if the devs are not even sure yet.
Cheers for any help.

5 Likes

Just bumping this as no answer yet and I dont want it lost before a dev logs on

I’m with you on this MrAndo. I would very much like to know the answer so i can plan accordingly.

2 Likes

Do you guys also stare at the countdown timer?

I think @SamF said in another post that pre-launch was cancelled due to steam issue??? I cannot be 100% certain if it was meant the pre-launch or something else - which i why i have @'d

@rugby-bigd I wont deny i am looking very forward to playing Boundless. However, A lot of people have real lives to worry about. Work, Family and so on. Just because people pre-order a game doesn’t mean we can play it right away. Or perhaps we can but we have a limited time to do so. Personally for me specific launch times will only help coordinate so we can plan around real life.

@Barneylee57 i think you misunderstand the question. @MrAndo is asking about what time in specific time zones the game will go live on release day.
For Example: if boundless has a Midnight release on the 7th based in Eastern Standard Time that would mean it would be 9pm on the 6th Pacific Standard Time when it releases for the west coast. It is a pretty common practice but it is not done by everyone.

2 Likes

By the way Barney that was not directed at you, which leaves one

To be fair, he literally said in a thread I made earlier that he stares at his countdown timer for the game and that he’s super excited.

I don’t think he was being sarcastic with you at all.

EDIT: See his post in this thread to know what I’m talking about…

1 Like

Sorry I have now read the post and see your point. I apologise to rugby-bigd for reacting hastily and have deleted the post. Unfortunately your thread was one of the few ive not read, but as you can see from others comments it was easily taken the wrong way. No i wont be watching the countdown timer which is why Ive asked if we can simply get a schedule, like dagath said real lives and work dammit…

1 Like

thats ok i didn’t see it anyway :stuck_out_tongue: and ok the title was a bit confusing but you kind of explain in OP…

Bump again, any DEVS out there?

It’s a bank holiday in the UK today (and currently 21:55), so you may not get a response for 8-10 hours yet (although they could be lurking and may answer just to prove me wrong :thinking:)

3 Likes

Ok hope someone gives a response sooner or later, cheers

Apparently a YouTuber named Danbeforetime said the embargo lifts in the morning, so I’ll be keeping an eye on his channel closely.

Morning all - that’s a good question, I’ll get a more ‘official’ answer from all the relevant parties and let you know!

thanks a lot sam, appreciate it

1 Like

Morning - the expectation is for the game to go live late afternoon/early evening our time the day before for AUS/NZ. We’ll make sure everyone knows as accurate a timeline as we can give closer to the time of course :+1:

4 Likes

ok thanks sam, kinda makes it clearer but we we’ll see as we get closer i guess, cheers

Final week, getting close to launch…:grinning: Any updates on the rollout order @SamF ??

2 Likes

@MrAndo Thanks for updating this post Ando. I also would like to know :slight_smile:

2 Likes