Roadmap to Launch

Hey everyone,

Since we made our big announcement last week, we’ve seen a few questions about the various levels of backer perks we’ve been offering up until now. We thought it was a good time to go through our plans.

We’re going stop offering all backer levels (Explorer, Adventurer, etc) on Monday the 13th August 2018. This won’t affect existing backers - but after 12 noon BST / UTC+1 on this date, Steam will be updated to stop selling the game, and pre-orders for launch will commence. There will be two tiers available, these are the base version of Boundless, and the Deluxe Digital Edition.

Of course, we will still be accepting upgrades all the way up to noon on the 13th. So you’ve got a little time if you’d like to make your support of Boundless even more awesome. If you’ve got any questions on upgrading, then please respond to the upgrade forum thread.

Once we stop selling the backer tiers, we’ll begin the process of organising perks for existing players. We will have to collect some details for this and will be in a position to do so after the 13th August.

New pre-orders will be granted entry to the game on Friday the 7th September 2018, which marks a huge milestone for Boundless as we will see our first ever PS4 players enter the universe.

So, to recap;

Monday 13th August:

• Backer purchases and upgrades will no longer be available after 12 noon.
  • All backer editions of Boundless will then be removed from playboundless.com.
  • Boundless and the Digital Deluxe edition will then be available for pre-order on Steam. New players will not be able to enter the game at this point.

Shortly after Monday 13th August:

• We will begin gathering the details we need to deliver backer perks.
  • The launch universe will be released.

Friday 7th September:

• PC and PS4 pre-orders will be granted entry to Boundless.

Tuesday 11th September:

• The official launch date of Boundless on PC and PS4.

Thanks all - hope you’re all excited for the big 1.0!

36 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the info ^^

5 Likes

9 Likes

can’t remember what day shortly after Monday falls on that week

12 Likes

fangirl%20anna
OMG OMG OMG i can’t wait!!!

13 Likes

Can’t wait to finally have life goals again.
Been in limbo since the 1.0 announcement. :joy:

8 Likes

so that means whipe? around that time and our chance to make something for the new people who will join us th 7th and 11th?

1 Like

There can only exist one live universe at a time!

2 Likes

yea but where thinking they may just update the testing only :slight_smile:

Woah! That’s deep!

ArcticScientificEasternglasslizard-size_restricted

10 Likes

giphy2

You are here because you know something.

6 Likes

Yeay the new universe!! maybe the same week?

1 Like

I bet these guys have “soon” and “shortly” macro on their keyboard button.

5 Likes

Like any developer intending to not pin themselves down and then get blasted by their community.

Seems fair to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woo woo! Excited !! :smiley:

So, between “shortly after august 13th” and september 7th, the game will be unavailable to play on PC?

that when we EA backers get to start to play 1.0 ish or 0.99

Ok so since I bought the game ages ago, I’ll be able to play and there will be no other wipes ever?

1 Like

yeah its forever nowz
and ya get early acces

1 Like

Actually, what is confusing me is the difference between people who pre-ordered and backers