Switching to Pre-Orders

Edit: After this message was posted, some unforeseen technical limitations came to light. As a result we weren’t able to switch to pre-order mode as anticipated, and the planned price change at full launch next month therefore happened earlier than it should have. We’ll update with more on this later, but rest assured we are working closely with all parties to amend this, and will provide an update as soon as possible. In the meantime, this thread will be locked as the information within is no longer correct. Thank you for your patience, and we apologise for any confusion or inconvenience.

Original message;

Hey Everyone,

We have now removed all Early Access backer tiers from the Boundless website. We’ve previously announced this, but to reiterate - the game is now moving over to accept pre-orders only, through Steam or the PlayStation Store. This is in order to allow the universe to populate ahead of all the new players joining us. We want new players to come into Boundless in its best possible light, with an active, flourishing new civilisation. Once we unleash the Launch Universe, you’ll have time to make your mark on the world!

With the official launch of Boundless just around the corner, pre-orders will be granted access to the universe on Friday the 7th September, but those of you who have been playing up til now - i.e our Early Access backers, will still be able to play in the meantime. In fact, we’re preparing to roll out the Launch Universe very soon, so it’s an exciting time for the game!

We’ll go into more detail on the Launch Universe itself when we release it, but for now, the key points are;

• We are no longer accepting orders for the various tiers of Boundless (Explorer, Adventurer, etc.). Similarly, upgrades between the tiers are no longer available. Any upgrades that have already been submitted will be processed.

• The game is now available for pre-order, either as the base version or the Digital Deluxe Edition, in order that all new players on PC and PS4 can enter at the same time, and find a living, active version of the Launch Universe.

• Existing Early Access backers will be unaffected, and able to enjoy the game as normal. Keep an eye on your email for news about the first of your backer rewards!

• The Launch Universe will be coming very soon - we will give more details when it launches. Please note this will not be today.

• Those who pre-order the game will be granted access to Boundless on Friday the 7th September, ahead of the official 1.0 release date on Tuesday the 11th September

• Remember, even during this time, your feedback is invaluable. Balancing is an ongoing process, so let us know your thoughts on combat difficulty, resources, meteorites, rewards, etc. All your feedback goes directly to us, and helps us to balance the game.

Thanks everyone.

24 Likes

Thanks for the update Sam

1 Like

Ok. I’ll just wait here.

Wyk

Don’t mind me.

21 Likes

Hello!

Quick question:

For those of us with extra keys, can we grant them to friends now and have them join us now? Or are the keys for the actual release date Sept 11th?

1 Like

The launch keys are for activation when released, so it will be september the11th.

1 Like

Thank you vibe! My friends want to join :smiley: so I can’t wait to share my key with one of them.

I once asked the same question, and they said, “Launch day keys mean Launch Day.” And I was like, okay.

1 Like

Nooo, I was waiting for my paycheck to upgrade my backer status

1 Like

Looks like you can still buy the adventurer’s edition on steam @SamF

1 Like

Yeah that will stop at some point this evening, Steam have to do it manually so we couldn’t sync up with them.

1 Like

Is;

the same as;

Or are they different timeframes :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes…

Lol