Prestige 1.0

I have been checking out the game again now that it is going to ship.

The things I described do not appear to be part of the game and that is encouraging.

Cash for plots appears that it is going to occur. In my mind prestige was the decisive issue in the pay2win argument. When we last spoke you had ideas and proposals for how it was going to work so that plots would be truly cosmetic.

Since the game is shipping I wanted to ask exactly how is prestige calculated? and what was implemented so that a player canā€™t just buy more plots to win a prestige war.

Thank you

1 Like

Adding more plots to a beacon doesnt give you any more prestige, its only about the blocks you put in it which any player would still have to do regardless of how many plots they have

Theoretically, although Iā€™d have to play the game to fill in my plots, wouldnā€™t it be to my, prestige, advantage to buy more plots with money? A person who purchased more plots using real currency has a larger space to work with and thus increase their prestige compared to person who has only used the finite allotment of cubits from leveling, right?

1 Like

To be added: If the materials come from foreign worlds they give you more prestige then those gained on the world where the beacon is located (at least I had read that).

and @Bryethewizard: True, but I think to fill up the plots will make you work like hell, especially when you want to have high prestige mats, so you will constantly level and get new plots for each level and more space you should be able to fill up with maxed good mats ^^ (you get 512 blocks of space per plot and if I remember right you should be able to get enough qubits to buy 10 plots each level at 50+).

May be thereā€™s even a limit how much you can get per kind of mat so that you cant just fill up 10k plots with timber to be ā€œthe bossā€ (of cause the last point is a speculation, but would prevent such (truely idiotic) exploiting methods ^^)

But letā€™s see how it works by testing and dev info :wink:

if memory serves, prestige is also calculated by variety so i dont think filling your plots with one type of material would yield as much as using multiple types even over a larger amount of plots. I agree though, it would be stupid to do such things.

1 Like

From what I understand the algorithm also includes chiselling, variety of materials and void spaces (as in having rooms rather than just solid lumps of blocks)

1 Like

What if youā€™re making a timber mill?! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

1 Like

Adding plots can add prestige, as far as I remember, but that is only up to a certain point, after which it does nothing.
I could be very wrong on that though, as that was a while ago iirc

My recollection is that beacon size used to provide a prestige boost, but they disabled that shortly after announcing the Exchange and purchaseable plots. In the debug menu, you can still see a ā€˜sizeā€™ factor, but it is always 0% now. There is also a different factor for ā€˜densityā€™ or something like that, in my experience you can actually boost prestige by removing unused plots.

But I havenā€™t played around with it a lot, so I could be wrong about some of this too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only prestige that plots can add is that from any natural blocks that get included when the area is plotted (so long as they actually carry any prestige) so potentially if you plot an area underground that contains a lot of gravel your prestige could actually go down a little bit.

Bump bump bump.