Prestige limitations explained?

Who cares about prestige build something Awesome I built :rainbow: Dash in Eresho mwahahahaha

Metal loses its value so fast, I’ve done it and it give very low prestige compared to beginning xD

Now I need to spam gleam or something :<

I mean I’m not overly fussed about prestige, and I am building my build exactly how I want, rather than going for prestige. That being said, if I can get good prestige while doing that, and not losing it then I will.

I want that Lamblis capital, it’s so hard when there’s only a few of you and the others are swanning off on holiday cough damo cough

6 Likes

I just took the capital of Houches 1 but I just wanted the trophy on playstation Pfft Pfft Pfft now time too move lol

1 Like

Thats exactly why I want the capital. I like platinum’ing my games :laughing:

1 Like

Flan woulda been easier you only need a million prestige but I couldn’t do how gloomy it was there lol

My understanding of the prestige as it works currently, based on my observations on my own build, is that you never actually lose prestige anymore. Chisel shapes either give prestige or don’t, depending on how often they’ve been used in a build, see below for more about the way chisel prestige bonuses work currently:

In any case, to be brief about it, what seems to happen these days is that the same type of block does give progressively less prestige for every additional placement of that same type of block but you will always be able to continue accruing prestige regardless of how much of a block you’ve used. As suggested, variety is “important” to “maximise”.

2 Likes

Hey, don’t give anyone any ideas lolol.

That’s what I’m working for already! Just got some of the decorative gems I needed for the roads too. Hehehe.

1 Like

As a note though, I think you use a lot of decorative gems. Each of the gems count as a different block so you should be good.

Mixing in a little bit of natural in with that heavily processed stuff gives a nice boost to prestige AND it does add a nice air to the whole thing too, in my opinion lol.

I have understood this is beacon based. So when chasing high prestige for settlement it would be good now to split area to many beacons to keep higher prestige.

Is it beacon based or “chunk” based? For some reason I was thinking it was chunk based but separated by your own individual beacon.

I haven’t made any tests, this could be possible. I hate to have many individual beacons and I got my viceroy achievement long time ago, so haven’t been trying to be high on prestige list anymore :slight_smile:

Ahhh the competition haha I’m Gleams Glow mate, like you only doing it for the platinum trophy. I’m easing off for abit so now is ya time

1 Like

Haha, that’s the only reason I want it. :man_facepalming:t3: Seems slip stream had the same idea too :joy:

I came by and was saying hi the other day, but you just ignored me :joy::see_no_evil:

Sorry think the mrs was telling me off for something while I was trying to play haha

1 Like

If I remember correctly it used to be beacon based and when they redid the prestige they switched it to chunk biased.

What’s the coords/easy portals? Might come place a beacons and help boost ya numbers for abit.

That’s fine, it’s just a little project I have going. I don’t need any help! Thanks for the offer though!

We are across the way from you, over the big lava patch. But we have portals in all of the main hubs Blingz’n’Thingz.

I’ll come have a nosey anyway, steal some ideas as what I’m visualising in my head ain’t panning out as awesome as I thought haha

2 Likes