Pretty Sad Forum Behavior

I might be wrong but this thread has been consistently locked over and over:

The way it is being locked makes it seem like people are intentionally flagging messages just to force it to close. If this is true, then it really comes off childish and the moderators should investigate who is doing this just to lock it and have a conversation with them. There is a big difference between maybe closing a thread because of certain reasons, but intentional censorship really seems wrong.

I could be wrong but I suspect what is happening is that the flagged posts haven’t been reviewed and cleared when the bot auto opens it so it ends up getting triggered to auto close because there are still flags on the post. The bot isn’t differentiating between old flags and new flags.

6 Likes

yea i would agree that i think its due to the fact the flags have not been reviewed has form my understanding it takes at least 15+ people flagging a single post to get the bot involved

tho it could be either i have seen threads on this forum get false flagged into the void before

Fair then… It just seems like this didn’t happen on other threads that had flags… but I am certainly not sure how it works… I just really hope it isn’t from continuing ones.

1 Like

I do not believe it to be the case and I think the way the auto-mod works is not very refined,

one way to maybe tell is rather or not more posts are being suppressed over time, as suppressed posts cannot be re-flagged as the icon to do so is removed, If no new posts are being suppressed then I think I am most likely correct in that the auto-mod is a bit unintelligent.

1 Like

I flagged the potty comment, but I doubt that got the thread closed. I think it auto closed, so I assume there were several flags. Then Havok40k closed it once it looks like.

He tried to open it, but the auto-mod insisted on closing it again.

Honestly most of the stuff people flag on here is kind of sad IMO. I dunno maybe I’m just too insensitive to understand why people feel the need to flag stuff on this forum. Which also means if people in this game actually knew me I’d probably be flagged :joy: only a few people in this game more or less know my personality and they only know it because their personality is close to mine but they also don’t really show it on these forums either. :joy:

1 Like

Soooooo, the automod will continue to lock and unlock until a user with mod rank (above leader) reviews the thread and either approves or shuts down the thread. Being a weekend, it will probably be tomorrow at the soonest since the devs tont typically mess with that when they are off work. It’s not due to re-flaging or anything nefarious. Also, please, no c in my name :stuck_out_tongue: it looks… inappropriate?

3 Likes

Only if your mind is in the gutter.

„Elevate your mind“ -Tomcraft

1 Like

Ooh, you should know better than that by now!

2 Likes

I thought those things were automatic and didn’t need manual attention. I guess we can close this then and remove. I just didn’t understand.

Nope, moderation still requires a human for approval.

Closed at OPs request