Preview: DirectX 11 version available

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 4GB

• Driver Version: 8.17.13.142

RAM: 16GB

My fps increased to about 30 on high. It feels a bit smoother now :smiley:
I still can’t play on Ultimate though :frowning:

Yeah i have very close to those specs, i also lie around 30 fps, but thats on everything maxed out except the visuals which i put to epic instead of ultimate. gonna buy a gtx 970 soon though. so much looking forward to it xD

This feels better than before. I don’t know why. I felt the difference even with a good rig:

I7 4790k
Nvidea GeForce GTX980 4GB
16GB RAM
OS Windows 8

My frame rate feels smoother now :smile:

GeForce GTX 770 4GB?
Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
9.00 GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 60Hz
GeForce 353.30

The system overall wasn’t working as hard as with OpenGL. Frame rates were nominal, and it seemed like the start-up distance mesh rendering lag wasn’t as bad. It certainly filled in the far-range faster than with OpenGL.

Did notice a couple of different things. Game window handles tabbing to another open application a bit strangely. Previously it would just unmaximize, then I could click in the game window and use enter to go back to fullscreen. With the DX11 version, it shows a maximized version(not fullscreen) underneath my other window and once clicking inside it, it goes unmaximized and I can then go fullscreen again with enter. Not a big deal, just different.

Also, sometimes the chisels particle effects are not appearing in the right place, but off to the side several blocks away. Will have to double check this is not occurring in OpenGL, but I don’t recall it being an issue before.

2 Likes

GPU: (2 SLI linked) GTX 770
Processor: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM
OS Windows 7

Idles at 18-20 fps at all maximum settings. about 10+ fps over OpenGL. very cool!

this happens when alt tabbing out of the game in full screen

Ok, now I checked and I was right: My system ran Oort with the internal Intel HD chipset (It doesn’t know it (like another alpha game I’m playing) and then chooses to use the HD chips). I tried to change it but then realised that I can’t due to a bug in the geforce drivers (I had to uninstall it and reinstalled the newest without the Geforce Experience and 3D Viewer components (that was mentioned in many forums). … Now I could fix it and - TADAAAA! - I have a fluid game :wink:

Still, the torches give no light when I’m not playing in the dx11-beta version.

We are currently testing the game using Windows 10 :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @dwarvenname! Can you do us a favor?

Please send us the game log by following the information below so we can determine how we can fix this issue.

The game generates debugging logs in following locations:

- Windows at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Turbulenz\Oort Online\oortonline_log.txt

The log files will only be generated if the folder exists. If the folder does not exist then please create them and try again. These files might contain information about why the game is failing. Please send us these files.

On most versions of Windows %LOCALAPPDATA% is a hidden directory. To access the file you can type the path to the file directly into Windows Explorer.

Windows 7 Ultimate
Geforece GTX 970 (353.30)
Intel 2500k (4x3,3GHz / 3,7 Turbo)
16GB RAM

I play all still on maximum, i get still 5-10 FPS more, BUT the game runs smoother as before. So i love it great work.

1 Like

How do I send? By email? Uploading through this posting thing doesn’t allow .txt’s

You can send us the log to oortonline@turbulenz.com

Thank you.

1 Like

For me Oort stops working if I alt tab out of it and my cursor is still locked. If I’m in the inventory or the menu it works and most of the time doesn’t even have any glitches.

1 Like

Apparently alt-tabbing to another window with OO fullscreen is causing the issues, but if I hit enter once to exit fullscreen, alt-tabbing works like normal.

2 Likes

yea alt tabbing is a gamble it works like 40-50% of the time.

My frame rate ranges from 20 to 60 fps
However, my game seems to crash randomly and all I get to see is a black screen.

Details:
GPU: GTX 980
GPU drivers: 353.30
Game logs: https://gist.github.com/onebitknightly/10ecf54bfda46878ae21

1 Like

Thanks for sending us the log file. We will have our engineer look at it today.

Thanks

Hello again. You have a monster graphics card :wink: It seems like you have installed the latest graphics card drive that was releases last week. We had a peak at your log. Some textures are failing to update. We have a 960 so we will see if we can reproduce this issue.

Does the game crash quite soon when you start playing the game? Also, are you at full screen when playing the game? If you play the game at non-full screen, does the game still crash?

Thanks

The gpu is nice, but with this game it does not seem to increase the performance. I have two machines and they get about the same fps.

I can run around for about 15 mins and then it crashes. The area I am in seems to be closely related to the amount of time before the game crashes.
If the game crashes once it is very likely it will crash again within minutes.

I have only played in full screen, but I will try windowed when I get home.