Preview: DirectX 11 version available

To access it on Steam right click on the game->Properties->Betas and choose the DX11 option. To go back to the default OpenGL version choose the None option from the Betas options.

Let us know how it plays for you!

a) Any graphics issues? Let us know your OS, graphics card and driver version.
b) How does the frame rate compare to the default OpenGL version?

Known Issues:
a) Currently it requires a DX11 class card. We are looking to add DX10 class cards.
b) Going in to and out of full screen may glitch.

4 Likes

Thanks guy I can finally play the game !
I tried out for 10 / 15 min, I will report back after a while.
It’s working now on my Sager enduro laptop with my 7970m.
Windows 8.1 64 bits, 16 go of ram and Amd drivers 15.4 Beta
I will install the new drivers 15.6 beta soon.
Framerate is indeed way better than playing in OpenGL with my Intel HD 4000

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the quick feedback. Much appreciated.

I tested it. Framerate seems to be a little bit better (5-10) and the startscreen is glitchy before you go into fullscreen.
I have just one question. Who should use OpenGL and who directx?^^
I’ve never quite understood, what’s the difference between the two?

1 Like

i go 22 fps on extreme everything, 30 on epic graphics. not sure if its optimization or my graphics card, never the less, it feels like it plays slightly smoother on the directx 11 version, but might just be me.

2 Likes

So when you first start the windowed game looks corrupted? What graphics card and drivers do you have?

OpenGL is cross platform (Windows/Mac/Linux) where as DirectX is Windows only - though there are Windows emulators on other platforms.

I FINALLY CAN SEE AGAIN!!! ;D … Here are two screenshots of the same spot at the same time ingame (both on medium setting woth no post processing or per pixel lightning (cuz the game is unplayable on that settings’ fps since something can attack you :wink: ))

“Old” game version

DX11 beta version

I think you get my point ^^

1 Like

what graphics card are you using, an Intel HD?

My specs are the following :wink:

CPU: Intel i5-4200h (2x2,8GHz, emulates 4 cpus)
GPU: Geforce GTX 860m (2gb)
RAM: 8gb

Normaly I could play most games on mid or high with 30-60fps … I play the witcher 3 and gtaV on medium settings fluid with that little furious lappy :wink:

PS: It also has an Intel HD Graphics 4600 included, but the geforce should do the work :wink:

PPS: Damn, I use to much smilies :slight_smile:

PPPS: Oh, I was not ment it seems :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That was only once. The problem only occurs if the game starts in windowed mode (which it doesn’t anymore now that I wanted to test if the problem reoccurs >_>).
The first time it was just a black window.
The second time the window was black again and the game started in some kind of “window” in the top left corner but without a frame. I then entered fullscreen and it was normal again when I alt tabed out of it.
Now it starts normally.

Card: GeForce GTX 570
Driver: GeForce Game Ready, version 353.30.

According to the framerate counter, DX11 hasn’t changed much for me, though it does feel smoother and world seems to render faster.

Windows 8.1 x64
AMD FX-8350
8GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 660 2GB
Geforce Game Ready Driver 353.30

1 Like

My experience is the same.

Windows 10 Tech Preview x64
i7 2600
16GB RAM
GTX 980 4GB
The Windows 10 version of the 353.30 driver.

1 Like

Once DX 12 is released, are you going to compatability patches for that as well?

Frames seem to be around ~40 FPS for me now. Which is about a 10 fps increase
Did some tests with the settings.
Before, i was running everything low and off just to get 60fps. Now i seem to be running everything at medium but things seem to be “smoother”.

CPU: AMD FX 8320 @ 3.8gz
RAM 8GB crucial ballistix
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

3 Likes

Holy ■■■■ dem specs! How’s windows 10?

2 Likes

When I launched it, my steam client froze up and I had to close it. Then the game started and immediately crashed :confused:

Here’s my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4 GHz
GPU: GTX 760 4GB
RAM: 2x4GB ~ 8GB

It’s not Windows 8 :smiley:

I guess it’s kind of like Windows 7 and Windows 8’s love child. It’s pretty stable overall, one or two bugs still but hopefully they’ll be squashed before the launch next month. I can’t remember exactly when I first installed it, either late last year or early this year but I’ve been able to use it as my main OS since then.

1 Like

Wow… I tested Oort out on DX11 and i must say the FPS has increased dramatically and Oort Online now runs very smooth, this is perfect! (Anyone with FPS problems make sure to update to DX11 it’s helps a lot!)

Nevermind that Post, I just sloved it :smiley:

Well 30+ FPS as long as I’m not in Highspeed-Grapplinghook-Running-Action ^^
I can’t complain, gonna check if I really have DX11 or just DX10 and updtade if I dont have 11. maybe that’ll stabilize some more FPS. Otherwise its just my “not the best of the best” Graphics Card. :smile:

I just googled a lot and found that some other users have the problem that the pc uses the Intel HD instead of the main gpu in some apps. I will try to check if I can switch off my HD chip to have a look if Oort will run more smoothly then. I have found the ways to do that. I will report if I’m done.

Damn, now I’m just to excited to get home fast, but still have to work for 8 hours :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: