Price manipulation?

Yup have already done that, both of them :wink:

1 Like

I’ve also looked at BUTT now, but I don’t see any difference to other trackers. - And well, I also tried to make coins with cheap purchases and high sales. But in vain, because I was either too slow or the shops with very low prices couldn’t be reached because they were walled in somewhere, fake offers. Or there were shops with lava or holes in the floor where you could die.

2 Likes

That one actually made me chuckle…probably only because I’ve never seen that method of being a douche

1 Like

Yeah it took over a month for any action to be taken against a reported beacon blocker via this method and was only dealt with because an amazing member of this community actioned it. I wouldn’t hold your breath when reporting beacons anymore.

4 Likes

Maybe as a community everyone should just post the problem in the forum post. Letting everyone know who is doing. I would like to know so I would never use there shops ever again. That soon enough weed out the trolls especially if reporting seems slow

2 Likes

Reminder: Naming & shaming other users is against the CoC. Please use the proper methods of reporting users/beacons/stands in-game or PM here on the forum.

2 Likes

See below :frowning: sometimes it’s annoying

1 Like

if only there was a way to report the beacon of the player for breaking the rules by placing beacons you cant reach…

2 Likes

10 characters

1 Like

oop sorry was missing a /s

1 Like

I’ll have to figure out how to look at butt now, I’ve never been on butt before. I have the slightest idea if I’m over priced or waaaay underpriced because I have no clue of what the normal or current prices are of anything. Some things I usually just add a 0 the the end of what it mints for to have a price. So yeah, butt is on my bucket list for today. Someone came along few months or so ago and bought out alot of my stuff, and then he tried to give me extra coin because he said certain things of mine were so cheap and way cheaper than others. I refused his coin and thanked him for his generosity and truthfulness, I told him I wasn’t a greedy person trying to become rich, that this is just a game

8 Likes

I don’t think buying low and reselling to someone else’s request basket is any violation. If someone is wiling to pay more than what you’re selling for - the person going between shop stand and basket is essentially getting paid to distribute since the buyer doesn’t want to spend time to find your items.

The thing with market investing - as with real life - is being prepared by doing your research. Sometimes you may make profit, and sometimes you might lose out. Like gambling - don’t spend any coin you aren’t willing to lose.

However - if the request basket or shop stand is unreachable that is definitely some kind of artificial manipulation and should be reported.

9 Likes

One was unreachable, the other that was reachable was full of coin…a round number but the basket had no room, seeing as each item was not a round price or wouldn’t have been with tax, that seemed artificial.

The whole thing seemed set up to exploit people and then skirt the unreachable rule by having an identical full basket that could be reached, with another behind glass that you could see and seems accessible but wasn’t at all

Ahh the old basket is full trick…hide the empty one. That’s a desperate for coin kinda tatic. Lucky for me I don’t do the whole buy cheap sell to someone else. Running around basket to basket. Rather just build.

3 Likes

As you are a moderator of these forums, would it be okay to report it to you? I’ve watched your posts and you seem quite objective.
I think it would be a nice 2nd step to at least report it to the forum moderators, so that they can look into it (if they choose to do so) and confirm it to the Devs.

1 Like

When you come across that, report it. You can always send me a message and I’ll come take a look to add my voice to yours.

1 Like

Yes, you can report it to me via PM. I’ve helped many users with different issues. I am happy to assist anyone.

There are several things that I can’t do anything about though and have to escalate it to a dev/admin.

9 Likes

I am going to nitpick this since I think it is worth understanding.

People with the Title of “Leader” after their names are not moderators. It is a role below Moderator.
It is also the only TL Role that must be given out by a Moderator or Admin.

TL0 (New) < TL1 (Basic) < TL2 (Member) < TL3 (Regular) < TL4 (Leader) < Moderator < Admin

While people with the “Leader” role act as moderators, they do not have access to the moderator tools and with very good reason, as alot of highly senstive infomation is exposed to the moderator and admin roles.

Leaders do have access to some extra tools that can’t do any real damage which allows them to act as moderators.

People with
after their names are real moderators.

Edit:, Due to the post below this one by @catfud , I feel maybe I need to make it abundantly clear, incase for some reason it isn’t abundantly clear, that my post is only designed to shine light on how the system works, and is not designed to disrespect or otherwise dismiss anyone with the leader role

4 Likes

My understanding is, I am sure you’ll agree along with most of us, that we appreciate the help and time freely given by @majorvex and others (whatever their labels) to help keep these forums a welcoming place for all.
:+1: :clap:

9 Likes

Major Vex is an absolute legend. Doubt there’s a single person on this forum that can disagree. We love Vex and the way she steps up and steps in to help the community where moderators don’t/can’t/won’t.

9 Likes