Price manipulation?

Has anyone else fallen foul of what appears to be two people working together on a fairly high population planet?

I noted twice recently that two usually unpopular items in my shop had sold out very very quickly after sitting there for an age previously .

Initially I thought it was due to BUTT coming up, but then thought hmmmm they were actually in those stands BEFORE I took a 4mth break.

Anyway, doing a lot of research its become evident (based on a full request basket and another unreachable) that someone’s basically put a request basket paying a much higher than market price for this down.

They also sell the same thing not to far away, and it appears to be taking advantage of the recent how you made millions post where people are buying the cheap stuff and selling it to baskets.

Look carefully at gem block request baskets to make sure they aint full before blowing 100,000’s on blocks that you then can’t sell!!! Especially if that baskets on maryx…

2 Likes

I think if they are unreachable request baskets . I think that is what your saying. Just report them. Let Devs work it out

4 Likes

I’ve never used BUTT not one time yet. So I have the slightest clue of what current prices are on anything. But yeah I’ve noticed the same thing happening with a few items selling out in my little shop and then all of a sudden when no one else was selling those particular items on my world, pop up selling the same thing that I sold out of for a higher price when you click on the item in the shop stand

1 Like

That’s called playing the market. Happens in all games with a player run economy. Might as well get used to it.

If someone nearby has a shop and they undercut your prices, that just life.

7 Likes

I think it’s people setting high prices on request baskets that are unreachable that’s the issue.

2 Likes

I think some people are just interested in being the richest person on boundless. Yes it is easy to buy out items . Personally I am not a big believer in this method. Just makes it harder for new players. Community is so small already. That’s only my personal feelings. Not saying it’s wrong.

5 Likes

It doesn’t bother me of how people buy and sell, as long as I’m selling for the price on my shop stands, then I’m happy.

3 Likes

Ah, well that’s another story. Some months back, there was a shop stand on Tana that was selling oort ore for 100c each. It was in a remote spot and I (like several others) went to buy it.
It was an unreachable shop stand. It was reported by dozens and was eventually shut down.

My advice is that if something like a shop stand or request basket is unreachable, report it.
I’ve done this several times and each time waited for the Dev to appear.

3 Likes

Oh, I don’t mind the buying cheap stuff, however creating an entirely artificial Market to lure people into buying something in the hope of a profit is plain bs

4 Likes

Yes, this. And it’s effectively a huge scam to get someone to buy one players stuff that’s overpriced because they believe they can sell it to someone else they found on BUTT for a pretty decent profit.
Whoever it was has certainly read this thread though because the sale stand and basket that was doing it have both gone

4 Likes

You should report the person doing this, there is a method in game I believe…

If you go to the beacon, go to the menu and select Support, then Report a Beacon.

1 Like

Yup have already done that, both of them :wink:

1 Like

I’ve also looked at BUTT now, but I don’t see any difference to other trackers. - And well, I also tried to make coins with cheap purchases and high sales. But in vain, because I was either too slow or the shops with very low prices couldn’t be reached because they were walled in somewhere, fake offers. Or there were shops with lava or holes in the floor where you could die.

2 Likes

That one actually made me chuckle…probably only because I’ve never seen that method of being a douche

1 Like

Yeah it took over a month for any action to be taken against a reported beacon blocker via this method and was only dealt with because an amazing member of this community actioned it. I wouldn’t hold your breath when reporting beacons anymore.

4 Likes

Maybe as a community everyone should just post the problem in the forum post. Letting everyone know who is doing. I would like to know so I would never use there shops ever again. That soon enough weed out the trolls especially if reporting seems slow

2 Likes

Reminder: Naming & shaming other users is against the CoC. Please use the proper methods of reporting users/beacons/stands in-game or PM here on the forum.

2 Likes

See below :frowning: sometimes it’s annoying

1 Like

if only there was a way to report the beacon of the player for breaking the rules by placing beacons you cant reach…

2 Likes