Price manipulation?

10 characters

1 Like

oop sorry was missing a /s

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to figure out how to look at butt now, Iā€™ve never been on butt before. I have the slightest idea if Iā€™m over priced or waaaay underpriced because I have no clue of what the normal or current prices are of anything. Some things I usually just add a 0 the the end of what it mints for to have a price. So yeah, butt is on my bucket list for today. Someone came along few months or so ago and bought out alot of my stuff, and then he tried to give me extra coin because he said certain things of mine were so cheap and way cheaper than others. I refused his coin and thanked him for his generosity and truthfulness, I told him I wasnā€™t a greedy person trying to become rich, that this is just a game

8 Likes

I donā€™t think buying low and reselling to someone elseā€™s request basket is any violation. If someone is wiling to pay more than what youā€™re selling for - the person going between shop stand and basket is essentially getting paid to distribute since the buyer doesnā€™t want to spend time to find your items.

The thing with market investing - as with real life - is being prepared by doing your research. Sometimes you may make profit, and sometimes you might lose out. Like gambling - donā€™t spend any coin you arenā€™t willing to lose.

However - if the request basket or shop stand is unreachable that is definitely some kind of artificial manipulation and should be reported.

9 Likes

One was unreachable, the other that was reachable was full of coinā€¦a round number but the basket had no room, seeing as each item was not a round price or wouldnā€™t have been with tax, that seemed artificial.

The whole thing seemed set up to exploit people and then skirt the unreachable rule by having an identical full basket that could be reached, with another behind glass that you could see and seems accessible but wasnā€™t at all

Ahh the old basket is full trickā€¦hide the empty one. Thatā€™s a desperate for coin kinda tatic. Lucky for me I donā€™t do the whole buy cheap sell to someone else. Running around basket to basket. Rather just build.

3 Likes

As you are a moderator of these forums, would it be okay to report it to you? Iā€™ve watched your posts and you seem quite objective.
I think it would be a nice 2nd step to at least report it to the forum moderators, so that they can look into it (if they choose to do so) and confirm it to the Devs.

1 Like

When you come across that, report it. You can always send me a message and Iā€™ll come take a look to add my voice to yours.

1 Like

Yes, you can report it to me via PM. Iā€™ve helped many users with different issues. I am happy to assist anyone.

There are several things that I canā€™t do anything about though and have to escalate it to a dev/admin.

9 Likes

I am going to nitpick this since I think it is worth understanding.

People with the Title of ā€œLeaderā€ after their names are not moderators. It is a role below Moderator.
It is also the only TL Role that must be given out by a Moderator or Admin.

TL0 (New) < TL1 (Basic) < TL2 (Member) < TL3 (Regular) < TL4 (Leader) < Moderator < Admin

While people with the ā€œLeaderā€ role act as moderators, they do not have access to the moderator tools and with very good reason, as alot of highly senstive infomation is exposed to the moderator and admin roles.

Leaders do have access to some extra tools that canā€™t do any real damage which allows them to act as moderators.

People with
after their names are real moderators.

Edit:, Due to the post below this one by @catfud , I feel maybe I need to make it abundantly clear, incase for some reason it isnā€™t abundantly clear, that my post is only designed to shine light on how the system works, and is not designed to disrespect or otherwise dismiss anyone with the leader role

4 Likes

My understanding is, I am sure youā€™ll agree along with most of us, that we appreciate the help and time freely given by @majorvex and others (whatever their labels) to help keep these forums a welcoming place for all.
:+1: :clap:

9 Likes

Major Vex is an absolute legend. Doubt thereā€™s a single person on this forum that can disagree. We love Vex and the way she steps up and steps in to help the community where moderators donā€™t/canā€™t/wonā€™t.

9 Likes

I quite understand this. But @majorvex has proven to me (and several others) to be impartial, fair, and dependable. I trust her judgement, and I donā€™t say that often.
Respect is earned, not bestowed. She has earned mine.

4 Likes

I just want to keep Tiggā€™s Tunnels fed while having fun ;D. Oort is the slavemaster.

3 Likes

So Much Oortsponsibility :smirk:

5 Likes

Politics are nice when folks jump to support a leader leader/participant the people believe in; nice break from the new millenium. :innocent:

In another year I think and Iā€™ll have that 1 thing I do in this game working smoothly. Then I learn Goo.

1 Like

I do it if itā€™s big juicy low hanging fruit, Iā€™m often out there running after baskets thatā€™ll buy an armload of beans for an enjoyale amount of coin. Half the time someone else already saw it and indulged in the pleasures of arbitrage. I see a lot of breathtaking builds while doing this and build up a sense of how to get back there via portals too :smiley:

1 Like

I think buy low sell high is normal In this kinda gamesā€¦ Common sense.

using one basket as ā€œbaitā€ is that famous ā€œGrey areaā€ā€¦you cannot show any evidence that someone is doing it on purposeā€¦
Ive learned these things Hard way In many casesā€¦ I usually didnt even bother To report stuff cause i couldnt prove anything.

I think there has been way worse cases toughā€¦ Like several bugs that provided MILLIONS of coins In some cases Btw were NOT rolledback so those People still have the money.

If someone wanna do couple thousand i dont careā€¦ Even 100kā€¦ I dont careā€¦ When its gamebreaking
. I care.

1 Like

I think that got me about this one is it seemed to be aimed at those who needed the coin the most, the ones who will happily run between planets to make 20-30k.

It was definitely on face value ā€œtoo good to missā€ and seeing as my stands had 400k or so in , some people got stung hard. Thatā€™s just my stands too. I intentionally removed all the blocks to Try stop the silly little game.

Lesson is check the request basket before you go buy the stuff it ā€œwantsā€

1 Like