Pricing Forged Tools

To one shot seams, you’ll need to do single shot hammers with no aoe.
Edit: late to the party with that reply, I see now, lol

3 Likes

I’m going to flag you as spam

3 Likes

Huh, okay. I’ve been playing for a couple months and I don’t think I realized that. I was always upset when I’d buy a “T6 Hammer” and it wasn’t one shotting seams. I thought I was getting ripped off.

1 Like

Whaaaat? I’m a huge nerd as well. What did you write that in? Python, Java, Node.js? I’m a Python Developer so now you have me thinking…

I wrote it in javascript with node.js, but its just basic console logging stuff. I just have some functions for different strategies that have addGum(“Effect”) and stuff like that and simulate the forging process, returning the decon cost on failure. Then I run it 10,000 times and get the average cost and attempts. It only serves as a rough estimate though since you can’t adapt during the attempt like you otherwise might but I find it useful to set prices on my stuff and see what’s worth forging.

3 Likes

That’s still super rad, @cjmarsh . If I find that forging is something I stick with, I’ll be looking into writing something in Python I think.

1 Like

Level 10 damage will also not 1-shot a seam.

If it can one-shot a ‘hard’ block (stone for a hammer) then that’s what people are after.

2 Likes

If this calculator is accurate, that’s not true.

You have strength bomb selected I think.

1 Like

I do, yes. I use them. AoE in one hand and bombs in the other… is that not common?

I think most consider the T6 1 hit based on not needed strength boosts. But of course using them increases damage output greatly.

1 Like

I’ve never used a strength bomb to mine so that must be the difference. TBF I didn’t know that would make it possible.

I don’t think it’s common, I’ve only seen them used in mining once, with someone who was trying to make minimum damage speed hammers for T7.

I don’t know many fans of buffs that last a couple of seconds, and personally I offhand a light/magnet like 99,99% of the time.

2 Likes

I’m learning a lot, it would seem. It’s important to know what people use so I know what to make.

1 Like

It’s tedious to be sure, but I can’t decide if I hate that more or not just auto-getting all seams as I strip mine. I’ve tried doing the “seam hammer” method in one hand… and I just don’t like it. I’d rather make a tunnel and get everything in one hit… sand, gravel, seams… everything. Maintaining the bomb buff gets old quickly, though.

Honestly I enjoy not one-hitting seams. Gives me a chance to be like ‘Oooh loot! Smash it!’ whenever I come across the good stuff.

2 Likes

To each their own. I’d rather watch something on Netflix on my other monitor and just strip mine for an hour and then check my inventory to see what I got :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I think there are a variety of mining types out there. I personally prefer speed hammers + strength brew, but there are many ways to get to the same end result which is usually the most goodies for time spent doing the task =)

1 Like

Ah yeah that’s the other difference. I’d normally equip a speed brew on t6, I didn’t realize he was accounting for mega strength and wondering how it got so high on the damage.

T6 for me is mega speed with a hammer that breaks all stone in one hit and a loot magnet. IDC about making a ‘neat’ hole or strip mining particularly, though.

The amount of times you’re hitting a seam vs a stone is not enough for me to carry a second hammer or some other tool in offhand, I usually carry a light/magnet - nowadays one that’s also forged as a solidifier.

On t7 you need a strength brew and I usually use mega strength, which effectively means I can actually use a weaker hammer on T7 - this opens up the door to sapphire/ruby with high damage if I have any available and that helps compensate against the loss of the speed brew.

I use a combo of speed/dura forged hammers lately because since they grew in popularity speed are equally easy or even easier to find. It depends, to some extent, on my mood.

However as long as I’m one-hitting rock and only have to two-hit seams I’m fine. In part just because it’s what I’ve always been accustomed to.

2 Likes

I like bomb buff mining too. Fast bombs or strength… it’s tedious but that extra buff makes a huge difference.
Losing out on magnet in the offhand kinda sucks though

1 Like

I used to go this route as well, but after using speed hammers with strength brews i have a hard time going back.

2 Likes