Private World Grievances, Feedback and Suggestions

Height ranges would be nice too, so buyers could know should they want a high altitude planet.

Or beach planets

1 Like

Heights and also how weather is affected. I’m putting off renting something until I get more details on biomes.

1 Like

Yes, I saw, but I wrote the thread 22 hours ago, and I did wrote “I believe the problem has been received and will be changed”.
My other point still stands, though. This wouldn’t have happened with proper communication of the pricing and options DURING testing.

On a creative world, I simply don’t wanna wait 48 hours for crops to grow! I don’t want them to grow at all!
Like I said, in Sanctum Edit, you can target a crop and access the debug options to select the growth stage in case you want the crop to be frozen before the maturity stage!

Height ranges, terrain features tied to world profile (Like them goo tunnels or the deathtrap lava holes underground). Weather details. All of this information needs to be more available and/or customizable.

2 Likes

Having done this in the Sanctum edit, it was very painful to have to edit a thousand crops individually to have them at maturity (I was coming up with a sanctum for the farming update). I would support a switch to turn off crop growth, but not a default that crops did not grow. I like to use crops to decorate my builds and even in creative, I want fields that fit the theme of my build. I would not like to have to touch every crop to pick its growth stage.

1 Like

My suggestion was to change how fertilizer work to just have to spray it to change its stage to the next one, and you cycle from small bulb to withered and then back to small bulb. Fairly easy and quick to use, really.

1 Like

That seems even worse as now I have to touch each crop multiple times with the fertilizer to get it to maturity? I would still be against that being the default. If they want to offer a switch to turn off plant growth, fine do it. Then the players to play with the growth stages can activate the switch, just like the switches for meteors, mobs and compactness. The planet operates just like the live unless you take a step to change it through a switch. I personally think that is best.

2 Likes

Yes, agreed. I mean, if it’s an option, that’s no issue for me, really…
But with the current systems, crops still grow from stage to stage randomly… do they still wither in Creative World?

Some might take several more days if not a week to grow to maturity. If they do wither, you would have to time it right to turn off crop growth when most of them are at maturity.

I would rather have the seeds in one hand, and a modified fertilizer in the other to quickly get the crops to the desired stage and then done, never have to go back to it again. Just like chiseling.

1 Like

I honestly could not tell you if the decorative crops wither or not in creative. I have ignored them since they do in survival and did not even think to test them. Unfortunately given that other crops grow, I would bet they would wither.

If you turned off automatic growth then maybe that would be when you needed to use the fertilizer if you wanted more than the initial plant.

Although, now that I think about it, no, I still use the fertilizer in Sanctum Edit because it changes the colors of not-matured crops… so I would still want to use that. It would have to be a new creative-only fertilizer item coupled with an option in the world control to turn off crop growth.

1 Like

Only prestige crops wither. Farm crops don’t wither. They stay alive forever

1 Like
  1. Biome information :

Definitely, just spent an hour on my creative and it’s only 50% on what I expected, 50% is missing :confused:

1. Creative Weather Control :

not only weather, particles in general, I don’t want millions of flying ■■■■ in my view constantly, it just doesn’t add anything to me in the game it’s utterly annoying.

I’d add:

day/night cycle control

From an hour of exploring by flying I had probably 20 minutes spent in nights in whatever spot I was at the moment because everything is completely dark and I can’t do nothing about it, very sad in creative :confused:

Overall I’m that much thrown off that I probably won’t build anything on my creative world. From FAQ:
It is not possible to regenerate a Private World once it has been added to the Boundless Universe.

so that’s a pretty nice way to waste $10/20/40

1 Like

Indeed, I would love an option to set the day/night cycle to fit the real-life cycle of wherever the server is located (making your choice of server more impactful).
I’ll add this to the OP. :wink:

1 Like

A “World” or “Beacons on a World”. That makes a big difference.

It looks like he’s referring to world generation, not in-world regeneration.

As in, once they have generated your private world, you can’t have them re-generate it if you are unhappy with the results of the RNG.

3 Likes

Got you! :+1: :+1: :+1:

What the dev team has accomplished is very impressive. But man… expectation control. This is why you try and gauge the community reaction before you throw a buzzword out there, all this cloak and shadows stuff always backfires. People were expecting fully customizable world control with large slots being reasonably priced.

Reality is we got Minecraft Realms. A very tailored experience and high cost.

I personally hoped for some of that World Builder stuff so we would have fine grained control over world generation. But that would never happen because there is a vocal population already that is saying what we have gotten so far is P2W RNG. Same with plots. So I personally wont be buying one and my condolences to any guild/hunt lodges that are trying to cram all their friends in.

1 Like

I have no doubt they will add biome info relatively soon. That’s one of a handful of reasons I’m putting off my creative world.

Likewise, I imagine the player cap will get a permanent boost at some point. Even with the overall game population at its current level 10 people on a small world at one time is not enough. I’d hate to be like “Hey guys come check out this new village I just finished… oh two of you have to hang back…”

I think double the cap would be legit enough. 20/40/80 is worth $10/20/40 imo.

4 Likes

I agree about expectations on pricing. They should have at least asked a few opinions on pricing IMO.

I feel like the 10 person worlds are really only good as farms and for a personal base. Can’t build a real city with a cap of 10. 20 would work as @DutchOfSorissi points out

2 Likes