Private worlds questions

i have questions about private worlds and it feels like they are getting closer to becoming reality so I’m starting a little question sheet. Type a question and hopefully a dev will come on and give us a few answers that we all are seeking.

Will we have control of what colors and what level our planet is and still be able to connect it to the main boundless universe?

I think i can answer the 2nd half of your question:

So you can get yourself a gem world connected to the main universe, but it will come with high block hp, block armor, deadly atmosphere, high level mobs, etc

I’m curious to know how we’ll pay for them. Will it be a one off payment or a weekly/monthly fee?

maybe a bit like how gleam club works

If it worked that way, I’d be more than fine with it. I like how I can pay for Gleam Club with Steam cards I get from GameStop. It’s extremely convenient because I hate debit/credit cards with a passion. Long story lol.

1 Like

What will the monthly fee be?

I love to know an indication of this so I know upfront if I am willing to pay that or not (since I just don’t have that much IRL)…

1 Like

Based in the information I have heard, they have not even determined the cost yet. I do know the cost to run the servers is based on the number of players that can be on the planet simultaneously. So a planet that can host 4 players at once should be cheaper than one that can host 50 at once.

Will we be able to change the world regen timer.
(Not make it shorter) but make it longer or take it off completely?

Then my next question is:
Can we change the number of players that can be on a planet after we created it?

Like: I could spawn one for a handful of players at a time until I’ve build some stuff like portals and some buildings and roads, etc. and then change the number allowed when I think it’s ready…

Still tho, am really curious if I need to be thinking more of 5 euros a month or 100 a month

I never was part of a conversation where that (changing player count) was asked so I have no information.

Will we have the option to set our planet to pvp
Or optional pvp in beacons?

All they have said publically is that on private planets that cannot be accessed from the public universe you can change the rules. . so to change regen it would have to be private. If you want to rent a planet that is attached to the public universe then you have to follow all the rules of the public universe.

Idk if that will necessarily be the case. It’s not something that will give any player an advantage so I’m thinking :thinking: it could be a possibility. Well the question is out their so perhaps we will see.

The model isn’t there from what I gathered in a very recent conversation. Special planets is the start of this but they haven’t really taken the time to develop or have decent in depth design conversation on Rented Planets. So it might be best if people taper their expectations that this feature is coming in the next month or two because of the infrastructure design and many other components with how these connect to the existing universe.

PVP is not out in normal game play so you shouldn’t expect it to have PVP until it is released everywhere.

I would expect things like costs and how payments would be isn’t even there because they don’t have a fully private planet working model yet.

Customizations will probably vary based on what they want to allow and what will be allowed to connect to the universe and not connect. Also note that some settings could put more CPU usage or other things that might increase cost or not be allowed.

Player counts would be a concern because we have a current issue around player counts due to various factors. So those factors would be in play likely as well at least for universe created planets.

if its done tho steam then it would have to be one off like GC steam des not allow for automatic payments