Problem to load the environment?

Hey Daniel,

Within your Steam library, the game wouldn’t happen to be displayed as “Boundless [testing]”? If so, you’re pointing to the testing servers which are not active at the moment.

You’ll need to set your game to the non-beta version, by right-clicking it your Steam library, selecting the betas tab and changing it to “none”. It should then download the live release of the game.

Alternatively, if that is not the issue, the servers could be down temporarily…

1 Like

Hi,
Its not in testing mode. I also installed it on another computer at home, and got the same failure. But today I tried once more at a friend of mine. We installed a new Win user on his PC, installed steam with my user and tried to start Boundless. And it started without any problem at all. So its clear that the Steam configuration and installation is OK, then it has to be something with the OS maybe:
My PC: Win8, didn’t start properly.
The other PC at home: Win10, didn’t properly.
My friends PC: Win7, started at once.

Helpful??

Daniel

Can you share the full game log as a gist?

(First guess would be that there is a firewall, anti-virus, or router some how restricting access to the game servers.)

Hi,

Here is a link to the gist: https://gist.github.com/Eddie999/296aed99f52394000882fe0bb9017edc

Thank you, for the fast response.

You need to make sure the gist is public - I can’t open it.

That’s odd … I am able to access it… I’m logged into GitHub though, so not sure if that makes a difference

1 Like

Same issue here…was playing normal and the game crash try to login again and nothing :disappointed_relieved:

I am also having this issue.

Please solve this issue i want to play again…

Provide some details for example the game log would help us.

@Armin321 Additionally if you could also provide as much information as possible on what you were doing in game before this situation occurred then that would be great too. For example, did you pick up any specific items or were using the plinths / inventory?

@Armin321 - we have all the info we need. At the moment when you join the server crashes, hence taking it down for everyone else.

i was crafting warp conduits and chating with my friend in game. I think, cant remember, we was about to start a trade request or i was about to open my inventory when the game crashes and that screen with error appears…i cant play anymore… so sad about it…i was so excited with new gameplay and environments…i’m returning player, i stoped to play this game months ago, now i’ll stop again…for some time while everything backs to normal…

@Armin321 - we’ve hopefully fixed the state of your character so you should be able to log in again, we also know why it happened so a future server update will prevent it happening again.

3 Likes

It’s public, I’m 100% sure. Try a search of the string: “Problem to load the environment? Local log files”. It’s inserted under username Eddie999.

1 Like

Hi James,
My friend has som experience with debugging communication problems. He installed Wireshark on my computer and compared the log with a similar log from his computer. And there is something that happens after 1 second of https traffic with port 8443. Then suddenly the client side start to open several new connections to port 8443, the client on the computer to my friend handle this OK but cannot cope with this and it seems that the https communication fails.

Hopefully this information is helpful, or …???

Daniel

1 Like

Hi, we looked more closely at the log and this seems to be a network (or maybe server) issue, because on my computer it seems that the network (or server) stops just after the opening of several new https connections, because it take 910 seconds!! 910!! before an answer from the server arrives to my computer.
On the computer to my friend the answer arrives a fraction of a seond later.

1 Like

Thanks for the details - I will talk with the other engineers in the morning.

Can you confirm the details of your internet connection at home:

1. Any local firewalls, anti-virus, or router security enabled?
  2. Also answer the question raised in this FAQ thread.

This will help us track down where the connection is failing.

Can you try opening this link in your browser?

The log and your analysis suggests something is blocking the connection to our game servers. As per my previous reply: firewalls, anti-virus, router security, something else. Given you have 2 machines at home failing this would point to your router blocking the port? (But I’m guessing here.)

1 Like

Hi, you were guessing correct. It was the firewall in my old SMC router. I disabled it and Boundless connected!!! :smile: Thanks, for a great support.
Daniel

2 Likes