Problem with Bones, Meat and Tallow

This morning I went out hunting for tallow for torches, I killed a bunch of animals and after having picked up several pieces, I opened my inventory to find that I had meat, but no bones or tallow. At this point I had 16 meat.

I killed another animal, it dropped bone and meat. I picked them both up, and in my inventory I had 18 meat, no bones.

I emptied my inventory, killed another animal that dropped bone and meat. I picked up the bone first, and it was successfully in my inventory. I picked up the meat, and found I now had 2 bone, no meat.

Bone, Meat, and Tallow all smart stack with each other. Right click on the bone or the meat and you should see all the items you collected.

I checked that, they are not stacked, that is what I have picked up.

I can confirm, this does happen. I killed a creature, it dropped a bone. I killed another, it dropped meat, but it stacked with the bone and now I have 2 bone and 0 meat. Looks like a bit of a bug with smart stacking.

did some more testing… I stacked bone and tallow together and did some hunting… this time I picked up bone, tallow and meat correctly

so, as long as there is already a smart stack of at least 2 of the items, things are gathered correctly

just an fyi, if you find a bug you should put it in the bug report thread, that’s what it is for :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Got that problem with bones right now and just today…

Its not only bones meat and tallow, read the bug report thread

1 Like