Problems with the chat

I am probably a total dumb ass but I can’t figure how to work with the game chat. I am getting mad about it, I’ve been two days trying to talk with a player and sometimes I managed to send one messages and then I can’t do it anymore.

Every time I try to pm doing “@nick message” I get “Send message failed, Cannot send yet” or “GUI_CHAT_PMNAME_UNKNOWN” and there isn’t any typo on the nickname.

Can somebody explain me how to do it? Do I have to be in a specific Channel ?

If I remember right @nickname uses whisper/yellow chat, that is working only players who have connection on planet where you are.
If you try reach players who are on other planets, for example from universal chats use RMB menu PM option that has purple text.

Do they have a mailbox anywhere? At their base or maybe their store? If so, you can use that to send them a PM whether they are online or not.

Chat has some issues. Sometimes it’s delayed. Sometimes you have to use whisper after you used PM and vise versa - it won’t let you use the same method twice in a row :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If you have had already conversation with player you can access PM channel this way.
Another way is to click universal channel message and choose there that @username option to start new conversation (which you probably can later return with that menu option)

Like @majorvex wrote there will be delay using PM system.
Whisper shouldn’t have any delay but it requires players sharing connection to same planet (be on same planet or via portal)

Ok thanks a lot. Now I understand the difference between pm and whisper.

Didn’t know that the players that appear in whisper menu are the ones playing in that current planet.

The problem I see with the Private Message is the delay or the error “Cannot send yet”. Is there a limit on the pm messages you can send ? Maybe when the players are in different zones EU - USE - USW - AUS there is even a larger delay ?

@majorvex unfortunately I don’t know where is his settlement yet so I can’t use the mailbox trick. Thanks though for the suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think if you try to PM a character directly, they have to be online/in-game.
You can whisper a player if they are on the same planet.

If they have a mailbox, you can send them a PM whether they are online or not & they will see it the next time they log in (hopefully lol) — but you already said you don’t know if he has a mailbox, so this won’t work for you :confused:

You can make a forum post: “Trying to reach/locate player XXXXX”.

You can also ask around on discord.

1 Like

ok thanks a lot majorvex. At least now I understand how the chat works. It’s been a headache the last days.

1 Like