Progress + Leveling

(This is for testing purposes)

Sharing with you my experience on Progress + Leveling and extra information from playing Boundless from scratch.

Level 9 right now.

• Level 1-9 (4 hours of playing Boundless in total)

Started in the swamp to get the tutorial tasks done + getting first few levels there.
Upgraded skills for the Core (not the Creep skill) and 4x Dexterity for faster swing speed.
Then moved to the Therka Market to start a permanent base there. Those portals are very handy.
I managed to craft a Furnace, Workbench and an Extractor so far.

I did not die yet…

13 Likes

Level 13 right now.

• Level 10-13 (7 hours of playing Boundless in total)

Bought a topaz torch (250 coins) on Therka Market from DarkFury. Thanks DarkFury !
Made a lot of copper hammers and went to Septerfon (public portal on Therka Market) and started mining.
I got a lot of copper, iron, coal and also small fossiles in the caves near the portal. It is pretty easy to get a lot of these resources on Septerfon.
I put all my skill points in Dexterity for faster swing speed and 2 skill points in Power Bonus to break blocks faster.
It seems that I will need to get some more levels by mining more.
Crafted a 2nd Furnace to melt all the iron and copper.

I did not die yet…

5 Likes

Level 17 right now.

• Level 14-17 (13 hours of playing Boundless in total)

Bought a topaz used Grapple (1400 coins) from DarkFury. Seems to come in handy falling from high places.
Also bought a copper slingbow from Tilweed. Everything better than a stone slingbow, right?
Again went mining with a lot of copper hammers and have almost all skill points active for Dexterity and Power Bonus.
Mining goes faster now but to level up I need more XP points each level. So leveling up is slowing me down a bit, and that is to be expected ofcourse.
I did unlock the Common Tool Recipes so I could craft my first 3 iron hammers. Should make mining easier I guess.
Stored all my items in crafting tables as I cannot make storage blocks at this moment.

I did not die yet…

5 Likes

Level 19 right now.

• Level 18-19 (17 hours of playing Boundless in total)

Found out that iron hammers are really slow and not even worth making as stone hammers can do pretty much the exact same thing. All you need is a few copper hammers to get the medium coal.
Got over 1750 copper till now and over 650 iron.
Unfortunately I do not have enough coal to melt it all.
I unlocked all Dexterity and Power Bonus skills now as well as 3x Hammer tool mastery to boost mining a bit more.
Maybe I should craft a few machines next… I don’t know yet.

I did not die yet…

3 Likes

Level 21 right now.

• Level 20-21 (21 hours of playing Boundless in total)

Sad times for me. I made a mistake in plotting and 1 plot got removed. Including a crafting table stuffed with items.
Oh well, just a matter of rebuilding the house and making new tools.
I did go back to stone and copper hammers as iron hammers seem too slow for me.
Some skill points (2 I think) were added in Hammer Tool Mastery and 1 in Item Durability Bonus.
My Workbench was gone so I crafter 3 new ones.

I DIED !!! Darn wildstock killed me with 1 hit. So I have added 1 skill point to Vitality Bonus to get 1200 HP.

5 Likes