Project Ancient Ash Preserved

I have just returned to the forum to find messages about my Brainless Gone thread, looks like it was hijacked by the community to discuss ‘the state of the world’… something I am concerned about! Anyway, I’m only a simple soul a ‘basics’ KISS player of this wonderful game who plays Boundless (played since it was Oort in beta) at a low level (I’m level 20 after years playing)… SO maybe you’re thinking what’s all this got to do with my PAAP idea… well, after forgetting to fuel my skybase on Dzassak it turned to ash, I have decided to preserve it as a monument to happy times I have enjoyed in game… maybe you know of similar ‘ash remains’ from abandoned or ‘forgotten to fuel’ plots?

Please post here with locations so I can check the sites out and preserve for future players to enjoy on their exploration of the Boundless Universe. Starter or low tier planets only as I’m not equipped to go to high tier planets… no protections, no weapons etc, I’m a pacifist!

Additional - I was pleased to see the ‘permadeath fanatic groups’ posting about the fun they are having… I have always followed the simple life, I subscribe to a basic existence and HAVE A LOT OF FUN & ENJOYMENT :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Additional Extra - To counter ‘all the negativity’ around (one reason I don’t frequent the forums) I have thought to myself “I wonder what other games all these ‘negs’ are playing that gives them so much enjoyment” (maybe you can name them for me so I can try playing as an alternative to Boundless… thanks in advance :wink: )… THE TRUTH IS… THERE IS NO GAME BETTER THAN BOUNDLESS. I will say no more… thanks for reading!

Qube

10 Likes

Well I have been super positive on the forums and have only good things to say about the game. I do have some qualms with some lack of communication but totally could understand it for reasons I won’t get into here.

I for one play a few games while also playing Boundless. Boundless gets pretty much 99% of my time, but I do find time to satisfy my love of coasters with Planet Coaster … and I also play other survival games at times, NMS and 7 Days to Die (Created a few prefabs for and a few mods).

I also play Final Fantasy XIV a bit as I have been a huge fan of all things FF ever since the early early games and most of the various versions of it. I was playing Guild Wars 2 again just to do it…right now thought Boundless takes up all my time … and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

2 Likes

Plenty of other games to play.

Thanks for replies… yes other games out there but none can ever replace Boundless!
Ok, yes there may be negative posts but the community is unique and truly amazing!
I have read comments about it not being a true MMO, to me it’s fantastic, it’s just so
reassuring to know there are other players in game, we may not see them but they
are there… if I’m feeling lonely I hang out in the TNT hub… it’s always busy in there!!

So, is there another sandbox MMO anything like Boundless? I don’t think there is…?

2 Likes

Replace, no second or third favorite game yes

Im at 4100+hours in boundless
My 2nd highest game on steam in hours is
Warframe at 300+.

So for me… yes its boundless as well

3 Likes

Boundless all the way for me. It’s a miracle if I even play another game for a few minutes lol. My poor poor friends beg me to download and play other games with them. They hint around sooooo much lmao. @RUSTYKNIFE @frizz368. Love these guys to the moon and back. They keep me from going crazy being by myself all the time while my hubby is working.

2 Likes

Good to be yourself :wink:

:globe_with_meridians: :compass: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Reading this Jun 19 2022… go visit the ORIGINAL attraction that started the ‘Ancient Ash Tour’…
@Dzassak (starter planet Tier 1) Location Coordinates: 73N -479E LOOK UP!! (Alt 250) :roll_eyes:

Have a dig on us… exploring type players like nothing more than to find signs of visiting sight-seeing tourists having dug up randomly to create an uneven non-wild terrain… exciting to find!! (gets out magnifying glass to investigate… “hmm so what do we have here?”… a visitation :nerd_face: )

Donations of coin to help maintain this ‘ancient wonder of Boundless’ to your favourite cause in game…
[ naming worthy recipients is w e l c o m e d - & - e n c o u r a g e d - thank you!! :slight_smile: ]

Have fun playing Boundless!

Qube

1 Like

There really is not anything that can replace Boundless, and especially it’s community. :slight_smile: I’ve truly never grown bored with my favored gameplay loop, very relaxing and healing.

My play time is down though, a couple factors playing in. First, because of Boundless last few years, my backlog, which was bad to begin with, is now off the charts. There are several releases I’m looking forward to later in the year, and I figured I really need to try to get at least through the couple in the pile that have really grabbed me most by the end of the summer - The Outer Worlds and Dragon Quest XI. (I love building sandboxes but also an RPG fan)

A fair number of us who play Boundless, going by threads here and also Twitter, also like No Man’s Sky. Not a Boundless replacement, building in it is nowhere near as good, but it does seem like people who like one might like the other as well. To me, it is sort of a big photo sim to relax in.

Other game that has edged into my play time a lot lately is Creativerse. Once again, not a Boundless replacement - though in this case, I’d say if you could somehow combine them you’d have my perfect game. Each has some nice features the other doesn’t - like chiseling in Boundless, block rotation in Creativerse. There are times I want to be a loner and it works well for those, and the blueprints and being able to freely paint everything are great features, lately I’ve gotten into trying to learn to build better and sharing my own stuff. And there comes the other hook - it also has a really friendly community, and I’ve gotten some incredible and heartwarming feedback. To me, a few nice words are the best reward. Like here in Boundless, the main draw of doing the Pakaverse isn’t really for myself though I admit it is addictive and fun to roll worlds, it is because I’ve received so much nice feedback and kind words from it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I tried creativerse and couldn’t quite figure it out on my computer. I am not that computer gaming savy to use keyboard shortcuts and such. If they would bring it to be able to play with a controller or on PS4 I would be so down! I haven’t played boundless in quite some time now because quite frankly I just got bored. I also got animal crossing so that took me away some too.

2 Likes

I can’t really stop playing Boundless , a frenchy who love this game :sweat_smile:

5k hours passed :partying_face:

3 Likes

My play time has dropped but im still playing, currently just doing what I need to do to keep the lights on. ironically this is the most played game i have on steam.

1 Like

I tried No Mans Sky some time ago if the multiplayer gameplay has improved I might think about trying it again. I have tried Creativerse but didn’t get on with it, also tried FortressCraft, again not to my liking. Nothing as good as Boundless. I played Rust for a short time, gave up as couldn’t survive beyond owning a rock, was PK’d within half hour every time. I see Xyson a sandbox MMO I played a few years ago, xyberviri do you play it now, is it worth trying again, from what I recall it was a fun game but very low number of players… I will add to my ‘try playing again’ list. :wink:

Ancient Ash Preserved @ -2,015N 550E Beckon (near Portal Seekers [PS] BECKON GATEWAY)

Qube

1 Like

Ancient Ash Preserved @ -434N 132E Dzassak (was Brainless)

Qube

1 Like

You should start a Project Rebuild … where you take their ash and rebuild it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: