Prop Ideas

In general furniture that allows us to place non prop items into the world.

Like armor stands and weapon stands.

Books and Bookcases cannot be mentioned enough. I think we brought up the guest book at some point too.

These things whatever they are called:

Other things to put infront of, in and instead of windows.

2 Likes

Window shutters? Yes that would be great. I’ve been using doors to substitute for now, my self.

2 Likes

Personally i want to keep the game as the game so to say, i know alot of games does real life festive events, but its something that always bothered me, cause im most cases it makes 0 sense, as long as they can fit it into the lore, sure, wow did that to a certain extent which made it a bit more bearable, i would just hate to see a sort of ‘‘oh its christmas in real life, guess its also christmas in the game even though no lore support it’’

and yes, i know its ‘‘just a game’’ and as such its fine if not everything is fitting, but its just something that have bothered me for a great deal of time.

5 Likes

Well I´m definitely going to put some baubles on the big tree of Kovah this Christmas :christmas_tree: :smile:
And maybe also hide some “eggs” with steam keys inside them on Easter (if we have signs by then) :wink:

Celebrating holidays is fun and people want to bring that fun inside their games that´s why I think it´s perfectly fine if this doesn’t make any sense in regards to the ingame lore.

4 Likes

And to be fair, it’s SUPER easy to make up lore as the gods that devs basically are. All you have to say is something like “Some Oortian tech was discovered by an intrepid team and accidentally activated to make it snow on all worlds and for all races to become overcome with joy for two weeks!”

2 Likes

But they’d have to come up with something different every year and for every holiday.
I’d rather have some unique lore driven holidays and the devs working on more content than our holidays ingame.

https://forum.oortonline.com/t/holidays-and-why-they-are-happening/2829

Now keep to the topic :wink:

3 Likes

I´d also like to see “naked”/dry branches as different option to foliage. So you are also able to put some detail into dead/dry trees instead of just building with trunks.

So, leaf blocks that are twiggy rather than leafy? That’s actually a pretty cool and useful idea

2 Likes

I just realized the floaties are only visible at night or in shadows and always uplifting. One of my most favorite elements in Oort. The way they are now, it is super soothing. Maybe enough. It is okay to see them only at night as a balance beetween the day and night cycle. I’m just a big fan of particle animations or particles in general. So, sorry if I’m bit of a pain in the ass with my call for evolved particles.

My idea towards plant-props was that if we have flowers with petals, the buds open at day and close at night. There could be flowers where it is the other way round.

2 Likes

For the fences I had this:
(Dont question the quality, needed to model fast).

Dont know about other props, can model them later if you guys want.

5 Likes

I think the shelf idea is not so out of place, imagine - you could take ingame photos of builds and landscapes you have once visited, with a technical device, frame them and put them on your shelf. Would be a neat digital homemaker trophy.

So basically picture frames would be the idea.
And a camera.

4 Likes

I agree :wink:

4 Likes

If this idea were to be picked up, it would also be cool to have the pictures be scalable. Like say you need 4 of X resource to make the picture a 2x2, then you’d need 9 to make it 3x3, 16 to make it 4x4, etc. Could be cut-off at a certain point (I mean, 4x4 is huge).

I’d like to see a completely customizable sign/painting, a sign with drawings, and a picture you can draw words on. you could make really simple signs that are just drawings of whatever you’re selling, or if you have a complex message, draw some words. if someone wanted to make pixel art in most voxel games, they’d have to go really big, making a sign would be SO much simpler.

1 Like

I think your fence model looks fun, and possibly Oortian.

Thank you ^^ It’s not perfect just made this in 5 minutes :confused:

Exactly like that :open_mouth:

I think the only cool prop i could think of is statues,

Statues that pour out water/lava/etc

Statues that emite light / partical effects

Statues that conceal holes/ move in general directions

Statues that shoot mobs/ collect items when dropped within a radius of the statue

Statues can be made into your avatar or mobs

You can use statues with oort shards to create a perma portal hub at your base

Statues can be in-home shops, people can come in and access it to buy your wares for sale ( can be placed whenever)

Statue size and shape equality

Wait… is it a prop anymore? :joy:

1 Like

Are sails a thing? For casting shadow or for ships or windmills ?
One could fire ancor points at 3 different locations and a sail spawns.

3 Likes