PS4 deluxe upgrade

7 days gone and we are still waiting for an answer @James

2 Likes

I initially asked the question in September, all we ever got was that they weren’t sure it was possible then we gave examples of other edition upgrades in the PSN store and they told us they would talk with Sony.

Nothing since, tho if we hear something probably another weird quip that sounds serious or putting the blame on Sony again or perhaps we get the blame. Since that’s how I feel the replies are lately…

1 Like

so whats up @James, new roadmap, new goals, big fail with footfall. But still no news 2 the ps4 deluxe upgrade?

2 Likes

My favorite topic has reappeared :smirk:. But yea we need some news on this. My wallet is ready

1 Like

@James another 7 days have passed by, are you still not willing to talk about this with us?

2 Likes

It’s been discussed many times… hears a reply from @james back in November. Many of us anxiously waiting.

***sorry wrong thread, I’ll find and update

Try this;

2 Likes

So here we are, 10d later, nothing happens, @James whats going on with the deluxe upgrade?

1 Like

Has anyone tried asking Sony why it’s not on the store?..

Is boundless deluxe no longer available?

It’s never been available on ps4

It is on the store just no upgrade for the plain version

1 Like

If boundless deluxe has never been on on PS4 I’m cheating lol.

That sucks, there should be an upgrade

You have Boundless deluxe on Ps4?

Yes boundless deluxe is available for ps4 but you have to actually buy that version to begin with. You can’t upgrade to deluxe from standard on ps4 currently

I see, my mistake.
I’ll stop posting incorrect info!

It is tho, but the PSN store does not allow you to buy a game you already have and the Deluxe Edition is the base game + Deluxe so if you made the sad mistake to buy the normal version you can not buy the Deluxe version again.

Plus for some reason unknown there is no upgrade available on the PSN store even tho a gazillion other games have done the same…

We have approval from PlayStation to add an additional package that is an upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition. The game is ready to support this.

The biggest effort is creating and submitting all the store meta data, which needs to be translated into 18+ languages. We need to do this twice for the EU and US stores - which are both different. This then needs approval from PlayStation before being made public.

Once everything is approved we can let you know when it’ll be live.

14 Likes

I bet steam is 100 fold easier, to develop and add packages for, no? I mean I know this is for PS4. I was just wondering from your perspective on which is the easier company to work through. @james

PlayStation has an extremely strict set of rules called TRCs. You need to comply with them or you can’t publish the game.

Steam doesn’t.

4 Likes