PS4 deluxe upgrade

Thanks for the work, you all. :slight_smile: (And I’m fine that I didn’t wait - very happy to support you all with the rebuy :sunglasses: ) Do hope you can do better than Red Lobster with that though… maybe get yourselves a few well-needed (I’m sure) :beer:s.

@georgegroeg - My husband often makes the same joke, as some long time back some big jackpot lottery winners in an interview said something to the effect of, “We don’t like living high on the hog, but tonight we’re going to Red Lobster!” So we have the Red Lobster joke going too, haha.

3 Likes

Thanks Sam, we do appreciate your efforts. I think we were just alittle anxious and hadn’t heard anything for a while.

On the up side… looks like a lot players anxiously trying to throw money at you!!! Lol

2 Likes

Yeah that’s probably where my friend got it from. Lol. Clearly Red Lobster not the best choice. Most likely they’ll buy a nice bottle of Louis XIII and pound it back in shots. Lol.

2 Likes

Time to necro this thread don’t you think???

Any news on this Sam?? Would love to hear that date we all have been waiting for!!!

5 Likes

Yes, i’d upgrade in a heartbeat!

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a fair necro! Thanks for your patience on this folks - by way of an update, this is in the pipes at Sony, but something’s changed in the process over there in the course of our submission.

It’s definitely still coming - I’ll hopefully have a release date to share quite soon.

7 Likes

fingers crossed, repeating “please this year, please this year”

Thanks for the update!

Even been thinking of asking Sony PS helpdesk to do me a favour and give money back of the regular game so I can buy deluxe, lol, tho I doubt they will go for that

1 Like

Coming soon™

You could just buy the deluxe and eat the difference, I know I’ve thought about it

EU can’t unfortunately. :frowning: I’m US and did it myself - so happy I did! :slight_smile: I can verify it works fine for US - but for some reason EU won’t let you rebuy games.

Sadly that is only possible in certain countries.

In Europe the PSN store does not let you buy a game you already have. Since the Deluxe Edition also includes the normal game it tells me I can’t buy it because I already own the standard edition.

All I can think of is consumer protection laws perhaps?

1 Like

Maybe I’m being really daft, but theres a delux edition for ps4…?
How do I know which version I have? What’s the difference… I payed £60 iirc

Then you probably have the Deluxe edition!

Can you craft the gold fist in the workbench? That’s a Deluxe perk…

Also, if you spend 300 cubits to buy 10 plots you actually get 11, 10% plot bonus. That IS the reason most of us want to upgrade!

Ohh, no i get 10 plots for 300… I think :laughing: maybe I’ve never noticed but I’m intrigued to check now!
I’ve never noticed if I can craft the gold fist either…

1 Like

60 pounds sounds like the Deluxe Edition price tho!

On phone with PSN trying to see if they can do something, hehehehe, probably not, but we will see!

1 Like

Ahh, I remember now, I was bought the game as a gift, and they bought the game too. So perhaps it was £30ish each…
I just checked my game list and it just says boundless… Im guessing it would say deluxe edition on the end if I had that

Screenshot

Now the important question, i need to delete the normal version and purchase the deluxe? Guessing i keep my account if I do that…?

Let us know what they say @AeneaGames!

That doesn’t work, the game is bound (hehe) to your PSN account so PSN knows you own the base game and in Europe it won’t allow you to buy the same game twice which you then basically do since the Deluxe Edition includes the standard base game.

And you’re in the UK so you can’t just like me :frowning:

They can’t help me :frowning:

Sad thing is they have strict rules, once downloaded you can’t get a refund. I know that 2 years or so ago I bought a game on, say Monday (don’t know when it was) for €60, I downloaded it and the next day there was a deal on it for €20! I knew I could not get a refund according to the rules but I tried anyway and they actually refunded me the €60 and I then bought it again for €20 with 40 leftover in my PSN wallet.

Was kinda hoping for someone again who would not be so strict with the rules but sadly he was…

1 Like

Ohh i see :frowning: so until they release an upgrade as opposed to the bundle we can’t do anything but sit in quiet resentment of the PC players once again :laughing: i joke.
But still… I want my extra plots! The money is irrelevant!

Me too! I told the PSN helpdesk employee I was willing to spend an EXTRA €60 on a game I already own but they can’t do it, sigh

And be envious of the US PS4 players too, they can just rebuy the Deluxe edition, hmpf…

1 Like