PS4 Players got screwed with the last update

The devs left it in because there was likely disagreement at the company over whether or not it should be allowed.

Keep in mind bomb mining wasn’t possible until only 3-4 months ago, they had no idea how it would affect the economy.

Once they started seein’ some of the vets on here who constantly defend bomb mining run around with 7meter AOE bombs cleanin’ up entire planets then charging an arm and a leg for diamonds in shops, they realized the mistake.

Edit

The grind for gems, and progression is broken, and I talk about’it in my post, please visit it and respond with your thoughts, Mining Progression, New Hammers, T4 Worlds, a solution

2 Likes

I’m saying that they got 3 weeks, and who cares becuase they are the ones that helped move this game along.

That is absolutely ludicrous. If you can’t see how, then furthering this convo is pointless.

Bro some items are supposed to be hard to make, like “end game” stuff. You can’t just make everything immediately. You have to work for some stuff. I am a PC player. Just mass crafted a bunch of basic lanterns because I can’t afford or yet get the mats for the gleam lanterns.

You will get there. You just have to put the effort in. The people that are making them now definitely did… Many, many hours.

2 Likes

PC gamer here. Bought the game 4 years ago when it was still called Oort Online and looked like minecraft on mushrooms (those where the days) and after the serverwipe (REMEMBER THERKA) me and my peers got a headstart of three weeks.

I actually did quite some bombmining and i am very sad its did go away because i liked it very much.

I think gleam laterns are ugly and prefer the raw gleam blocks.

I like to run around on level 6 planets and farm all the stuff.

can provide feedback/see the reason behind any changes.

All about what you said. Grinded my butt off for bombs and hammers just to have it taken away from me a day before the weekend. Took my neighbors out mining yesterday with air hammers and we came up with 68 diamonds not even enough to pay for the hammers we used plus I softened the rock with 2 bombs

PS4 player here as well. Some things to note:

1. PC players didn’t have a year’s headstart, only a few weeks, the universe was reset to avoid this sort of thing. The reason they seem to be so much further is that most know how the game works so they could level and get mats faster. Also most of them work in teams and share which actually helps a ton!
  2. I do dislike the Gleam Lantern recipe change with a passion tho, I use them a lot, even sold them to others but now I do need to go to a T5 planet and farm the heck out of those lamella’s. Thankfully I do have 2 characters, my main can reasonably stay alive on on a T5, my other is a dedicated crafter.
  3. You can still make gleam lanterns yourself if you buy the glowing lamella, but you’re right, it went from a recipe that most players could craft to one that can only be done when you can get the lamella’s somehow.

To be honest, nothing what you said has anything to do with being on the PS4, just the devs changing some recipes. My characters are level 36 and 24, then again I’ve been playing the heck out of it since release!

3 Likes

This game was advertised at the same time as the no man’s sky release on ps4, that’s enough time and that team has 4 people.

We didn’t even know that this game was going to make it to the PS4, there was no chance to back it up for us and it shouldn’t matter what is this pay to win mentality?

PC players had two weeks of bomb mining and other things not nerfed, essentially stocking up on high end materials and jacking up the prices, and when anyone says anything you get to this point “play something else”.

Inflated the economy, taken over massive amounts of real estate, had 2 weeks on none nerfed gathering and crafting techniques, made guidelines as to how and where people can place their portals at the same time breaking each one.

No PC community, console players are not happy, we play games for fun not for views likes or as a job, but for fun. Why make a game so tidious.

Equipment that cannot be repaired, resources repeat with enemies no matter the tier or LVL of the world, 3 to 4 hours a day in this game, as it stands is not enough to do anything of anything. And the lag, unbearable.

1 Like

Console player here. Very Happy. Don’t mind that others had a head start or that the economy has not settled down yet - seems par for the course with any new open sandbox. It’ll just take time, constructive feedback, and a great dialog between developers and players - which we have.

Not sure if you were suggesting there is “pay to win”, but to be clear there’s NO pay to win here. The best you can do is pay for land and vanity items… if you choose to.

There is already discussion about the possibility of repairing things - let’s see how that pans out.

PS. No mans sky Is also a grind :slight_smile: But fun too.

1 Like

Bit of a necro sir/madam! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also backed the game as a master and oortian that’s $1000-$5000 and happily play on PS4 since I lost my PC…

1 Like

In before this thread is closed…

I’m on PS4, love the game. Quite fun.

If you don’t have time for grind, the game isn’t for you. That’s okay. Plenty of games I don’t play because they aren’t for me. Most MMOs require a lot of grind. This game isn’t Minecraft. It’s shares similarities, as all genres do.

2 Likes

Again “the game is not for you” stuff, it’s a community based economy I am part of the community, excuse me but I have the right to voice my concerns.

You may be completely satisfied but that has nothing to do with my experience, plenty of games out there and I chose to pay for this one, so no good sir, i like the game my self doesn’t mean gamers can’t at least request some improvements in a game they paid for. Especially at the price tag.

Is it 1000 or 5000 that’s a difference of 4k, that’s not almost or close to it, that’s a huge difference, and two, who ever pays that much for a virtual experience… Well … Not much to say…

By all means, express yourself. I never said you couldn’t. I’m just pointing out something some folks may be missing, that being, not every game is for everyone. If someone feels they don’t have the time or patience to invest, it’s not the games fault. There are many games to choose from.

I’m not saying you can’t play. Sometimes we buy games and find out too late that the game might not be for us. Just seems folks miss that some games are MEANT to be grindy, while others may be meant to be bite-sized.

I don’t like to see the grind used as a negative.

yes, you’re totally right! Those PC people had a huge unfair advantage! They knew the game already even from before the reset! That is unfair too! They shouldn’t be allowed to play even!

Or, wait, better idea! Let’s reset the planets every single week so even when new players come they have a fair chance as well! Wouldn’t want them complaining about YOU having had a headstart do we?

Also! Wonderstruck should invest in giving every player a mindwipe each week so we don’t remember anything about the game anymore, that will make it a real even playing field!

2 Likes

Inb4mindwipe

2 Likes

just buy yourself a forged hammer for 15000 to 20000 a persisting pie for around 3000 and 3 mega fast brew (around 800 each>. if you dont have that money from the quests: you fault!
now go to serp, put an altlas with a dia (at all 1000c) dig down to alt 10,eat the pie, ex the mega fast brew and smash the ground.
eat coket meat, not soups!
bomb mining is useless junk compared to a good hammer with fast brew.
with some control for range you can dig bigger holes than any bomb ever could make in 2-3 seconds and due the distance you are save from lava.
please stop crying about bomb mining, it was not even as effective as ppl say

and 3 mega fast brew (around 800 each>.

I sell mine for 600, just putting that out there :wink: