PS4/PS5 messaging interface

As anyone who uses a controller to type messages knows it’s a laborious pain in the bahookie. I know you can use a usb keyboard, but I was wondering if there was a solution that didn’t involve additional peripherals.

My idea, and I don’t know if it is possible, is to be able to use the trackpad to write letters using your finger to ‘draw’ them which the game then interprets and converts to the appropriate character.

I was thinking that holding one of the dpad buttons to activate this mode which would bring up a blank window and then you could draw a letter. I was thinking that while in this mode cross could be used as a space-bar, circle to backspace or delete and square would be used to send message. Holding the dpad again to exit messaging mode.

Like I said, not sure if this is possible, but it would potentially make communication quicker for console users.

1 Like

Purchasing a nice new shiny PC is a good option :slight_smile:

All joking aside, keyboard for PS4/5 seems a good option.

1 Like

My pc is broken just now and I can’t afford a new one just now. Also the keyboard is just extra clutter, but obviously is the most realistic option.

1 Like

Ps4 controllers have a Bluetooth keyboard that you can connect right into the controller. They are small and light weight and cost like $5 from GameStop or $10 off Walmart website brand new.

3 Likes