Ps4 version, where its currently at?

I know, i know, it will be release when its ready.

Us console guys are chomping at the bit to get involved, waiting patiently (Some more so than others) Can we get a little slice of info?

How about feeding us a little info on how the ps4 version is developing?
Has it been smooth sailing creating, or problematic?
How far behind is the console version currently vs the latest pc version?

Us console players would just like a little news to ease the waiting

I dont wish to start a war, so cmon, just dont.
Would just like a little summation, seeing as we get NO info for console

Cant wait to get in game (But i am),
Cheers, Bob

2 Likes

The PC and PS4 versions have feature and performance parity - today. We work on them in parallel. Obviously the PS4 version will have a fixed set of options unlike the PC version. Boundless also takes advantage of the PS4 Pro hardware.

It’s been good. The dev team is very experienced with working on console. We have lots of past PS3 and PS2 experience, and even PS1!

The game is taking advantage of the multiple cores of the PS4 and this is also helping the performance on PC. It’s essential to do this on PS4 because of the generally slower clock speed of the CPU.

Parity. They’re identical.

The reason we don’t really say much is because everything said about the features on PC is the same for PS4. (I guess I should say this in the weekly updates!)

16 Likes

Nice work, that answered all my questions. Cleared things abit knowing ps4 is in parity with pc.

What left on the list for features you lot would like to have packaged with 1.0?
Or are you just polishing up few things to ensure Boundless will be solid state at launch?

I bet the ‘wish list’ of features is ever evolving.

Your prompt reply was spot on what i needed to hear, perhaps i can go back to thinking there will be a launch by years end.

Thanx again
Bob

3 Likes