PSA: Downtime from 1400 BST

I hope they remove it or at least deactivate it as default

1 Like

Thanks as always for the work, you all! :smiley:

1 Like

Any info on the small update?

I d bet a server restart and the flag on reservations to default to off :3

Hope so ^^
As when it happened there were several new players in the whisper list. Might be new to boundless kinda ducks if it isn’t fixed.

Update details are here:

3 Likes

Shattered my split second dreams of the decorative glass being added… I realise that that’s probably a little optimistic, but hey… Sue me :angel:

4 Likes

Please be back the soonest, pretty please whimpers

1 Like

Hi, obviously not a big issue (found this easily enough, although not sure if this should be posted here) but could we get an estimated down time when updates happen? I wasn’t online before it started so I don’t know if a message went out before-hand but some kind of estimation or start time on the error-screen at login would just be a nice touch

We do get warnings at certain intervals when we are in game…

3 Likes

We’re back folks! Thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

Hey Doom,

Totally appreciate the idea - in an ideal world we’d be able to give good estimates, but it’s always a bit of a stab in the dark with downtime. Unexpected roadbumps always come up when you, well, don’t expect them!

I’d hate to give out estimates of 30 mins, then 60 minutes later everybody’s waiting for news… it’s a bit of an unavoidable problem I’m afraid!

We’re back up now in any case, thanks for your patience!

9 Likes

Yay, work on builds that were stuck because of the buffer zones can start again!
images

1 Like

Hi Sam,
Thanks for your response! that’s fair enough, I’m relatively new but it’s clear your updates are all different sizes so yeah it would probably be futile; I just wanted to add that it’s nice to see a dev team so in tune with their community - keep up the great work guys!

9 Likes

So if i see a tick on beacon protection then my reserved plots are protected? No player can claim my reserved plots.Am i correct?Im double checking as my beacons were set on tick before today.When i press dont allow anyone to use my reserved plots that beacon protection tick turns off and this is looking like its not protected.So with me visually seeing my tick on protection status its safe then? So i wont need to change my settings then?Hope im reading my beacon right.So im checking with you.

I agree that it’s confusing at the moment

2 Likes

This is exactly what i meant.Lol You explained better.So the green image is my beacon setup.Am i protected ?To me it looks like i am.If a button on my beacon protection has green light then id clearly see my reserved plots are protected.So having a switch would be good idea.Your idea having an indicater would be best.

1 Like

Currently, if it looks like this image, the plot buffer/reservation system is activated:

cannot

2 Likes

Lucky i asked.Lol Thanks:)

1 Like

OK what am I doing wrong.

When I use the debug I see that all the beacons around me and my own show the beacon buffers. when I validated the debug by checking the group, I am finding them as reserved. If they were disabled by default and I did not change them today or before today, do we still see the zones even if they are disabled? I did not want to mess with the settings in case someone needed to check them out.

Edit: when I use a totem, the ground reflects the same reserved status as the debug did.