Public storage workshop

Hello lovely forum people!
I know it’s been done before but I’m building a workshop on a t1 planet for new players, along with portals to the major networks for under level 50 folks. I have about 15-30 of each machine and each is powered. I’ll provide as much spark as I can and some spanners.
Would a guild book be enough for permissions? That area of the game is still a mystery to me…
Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

2 Likes

Amazing idea cool pants! Should be really helpful for new players. Unfortunately I can’t help with guild book and perms. Just wanted to compliment the idea!

1 Like

I would also use advanced locks.

1 Like

Guild book but you need to set permission manually I think

1 Like

Thank you : ) I guild workshops helped me out early on and not everyone is in a guild with access to one. Hope it works out

Which planet did you pick?

1 Like

I’m building it under my tree on maryx, lol. There’s a hole in the right side of you wanna wander over and check it out : )

1 Like

Oh I’ve seen it before. I can help with spark if needed

1 Like

Thanks : ) I’ll post here when I get it finished and your spark would be appreciated!

While i see this as good idea… i also see flaws… example
Player 1 does 30 mass crafts of wax and logs out
Player 2 comes to claim exp and items.

1 Like

Yeah : / any ideas around that? Individual machine perms?

That would be one or just let a sign saying “craft only when you can pick up the output, anyone can use the machine and take what’s inside”

1 Like

Maybe just for afk mass crafting? Park your crafter by the machine you’re using when you log off?

I don’t think other players can claim XP. I’ve never seen my alts claim XP when moving things others crafted.

3 Likes

Maybe its has changed?
In ea i think it was that whoever opens machine or so gets the exp.

1 Like

That’d be sweet. I’d start selling xp, lol

Yeah, it’s not like that anymore. If someone else comes near the machine when it’s done crafting, the xp is pooled and granted to the character that started the craft when they log back in/ enter the area.

1 Like

I would have everything aligned to a guild book. Then put advanced locks on each machine. That way you control the perms.

The way I do it in iLlumiNaughty’s guild workshop, is when some one needs a machine. I assign them permissions. No one else. Once they are done crafting, I take the perms away. That way no one can take what is in the machine… only the crafter.

2 Likes

Thank you so much : ) That’s a great idea and I’ll try it that way.

1 Like