Punishment for name shaming

I can’t grimace harder, plz stop

1 Like

What about one of these?

1 Like

Had to sorry :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I need wildstock stew! Spitter kabobs! Cuttletrunk calamari!

How much “■■■■” have are barefooted characters stepped in over our play time

1 Like

Imagine if this was ark! Be :poop: everywhere.

2 Likes

Shake weight melee weapons?

1 Like

The shake weight lance lmao

I do not want to start a debate again, but briefly, here is the answer I received @Ratchel

“These plots have been removed. If they return I will take action against them”

what is deplorable is that it was not only a matter of ransom but also a case of harassment when I was on the game … real idiots. Also … I was playing with my daughter when it happened

no matter what I really think, everything is fine since

the game is awesome :metal:

3 Likes

That kind of action should have more ramifications than just plots removed. Was trolling and extortion. Should be a ban in my eyes for months/a year

1 Like

Hi I’m Orrian.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Dendygar?

1 Like

I don’t think my name even has feelings. I never tried shaming a name before.

How would you know if it worked?

Shame shame know your name.

As far as name shaming goes I think the punishment should depend on how the name shaming happens. If it is accidental then I suppose it is subjective and the admins would have to carefully weigh it. However if it is intentional such as putting a sign up somewhere with somebody’s name on it slandering them then that is intentional and premeditated what should carry a much heavier punishment. As far as the other things go a lot of that’s going to fall into the subjective field and the admins will have to weigh the evidence pros and cons and come up with an answer each situation. Some griefing situations are cut and dried such as someone 100% surrounding a settlement on purpose versus somebody plotting next to a settlement perhaps wanting to build there or perhaps land speculation which is a 100% in compliance with the terms of service.

It is always important to remember that just because something offends you it does not necessarily guarantee that it is against the terms of service.

Lastly though I’d like to say this there is so much land on so many planets available I do not understand why people just do not spread out find their own area and plot accordingly. I do believe that if the developers add blueprints in two variations one that we can clone and sell. The second being where we can easily move our own build which is definitely something that could help solve a lot of these problems because it would allow people to Simply pick up and move if they don’t like what’s going on their area. I believe blueprints should be made a priority on the road map for many reasons but this one most especially as it would allow people to peacefully resolve the situation. If need be the admins could give free blueprint credit to the person affected and allow them to move. One last thing about blueprints I hope that there will be a mechanism that I will allow people that are moving their personal builds to literally move everything machines storage boxes full of items Etc. It would make the process of moving virtually painless.

1 Like

All right I’ve been up way too long. I was kind of being silly (I’m up over 20 hours now too) and I know we have speakers of many languages here.

I do want to point out that “naming and shaming” or “name and shame” is a different activity from “name shaming” which, apparently, is a real thing.

Carry on.

In Game reporting is waste of time sorry been there weve all done that you dont even get an automated response. So either go straight to james or the forums only way you will get your needs met. (sometimes not even then)

AGAIN I must reiterate it would be best to have GM in game to handle these issues immediately before it makes ppl leave game or explodes into something else negatively impacting the game.

3 Likes

I am willing to volunteer to help in any capacity… I consider myself pretty fair, patient, and diplomatic!

I still say blueprints would open a lot of opportunities to resolve a lot of this.

2 Likes

Had a player constantly trolling me about a year ago. He would plot all around me. When i tried to talk to him he would laugh and throw bombs at me. Just dumb stuff. The thought of name shaming definitely crossed my mind.

Finally after a month he moved he moved on to another part of the planet. So this morning I noticed his beacon is running on fumes. I’m sure he has quit but grabbing his stuff would still feel pretty satisfying. :joy:

With my luck, he is probably a member of gleam club.

5 Likes

James came and removed the plots in iLLumiNaughty and Quebec mall. He told me if they came back he would ban them. They did come back the next day and plotted again… I let James know, he removed the beacons and I have not seen them since. I am assuming he kept his word.

6 Likes