Punishment for name shaming

Good for James!!!

3 Likes

I hate trolling in any form, however, in my opinion, the amount of trolling on Boundless is very mild compared to a game like ARC where the trolling is just rampant, over the top, and brutal.

Overall, Boundless has been a great experience and 99% of the players I have come across have been awesome.

7 Likes

I think this is true. Maybe that is why we get as upset when we do when it does happen. I think the community is very protective of the game and its reputation as not being a haven for trolls.

6 Likes

I agree…I changed my wording to “amount of trolling”. After thinking a bit I decided that any trolling is brutal when it is happening to you. It is never fun no matter what game it is.

1 Like

I have thought about building a courthouse. I am the judge, jury, and executioner.

5 Likes

I have a wall of weakness for people who don’t make it through the Reapers Trails.
You can get your name removed by completing it. Lol. One person died in it just to get there name on the wall. It’s on there.

3 Likes

Ow i want to try.

I have started hunting with axes. Solo meteorites. I can take on anything. Being it on.

3 Likes

I dont agree that the in game report is a waste of time, but I do agree that in game GMs would make reports easier and more effective for both players and the devs. The only obstacle is money and infrastructure. To my understanding, the game does not currently have any features in place to facilitate this beyond dev cheat powers.

1 Like

Go for it. Go to Reapers Respite on Gyosha. main hall has info for joining the guild. When you find the trials, if you’re skilled you won’t grapple along the ceiling like a lot of people do who say, “that was easy”.

He’s something else I can’t have. Lol.
@james a chisel that will make it so blocks can’t be grappled.

Good luck.

The reapers challenge was very fun, I highly recommend giving it a try

1 Like

Yeah, tried going through it the right way at first… but that certain block type made it impossible to do. Maybe I should have just respec just for the trials…

1 Like

Honestly, I keep thinking of something like this. Would also just look cool. Is name shaming on signs in game a problem!? lolol

1 Like

No ones complained about me yet. But there’s always time. Lol. Plus it’s pretty easy to get your name removed.

if they put a GM ingame that responds fast he will have so much work they need hire another but like players that run discord and forum i dont mind if they would get some powers ingame

2 Likes

Well I have talked to tons of ppl who have used ingame report and “No One” has had any results. Why do you think they get to the forums? If it was handled through in game reports then ppl wouldnt have to come here or at james ever.

1 Like

As someone alrdy said theres so much land that i dunno how people actually do this.
I have just recently tough noticed my farm being attached to some weird plot twister wich was quite amusing… guess i make a big sign for that person. Lol .

3 Likes

Speaking of new players…I logged on after 3 days being gone and voila…a player butted their house right against our plots at the back our house :roll_eyes:, they had a pretty good sized house going…me and sister have houses next to each other and have a good sized compound (we are the old ladies on the hill, both in our 50’s and just wanted plenty of space and peace)…we built our houses way out in the boonies on purpose, but anyway, I went to talk to the person and they just shrugged their shoulders and kept building…it really upset me as we are friendly people, try not to step on toes, etc…so I kept trying to talk to them and they WOULD NOT CHAT, I could feel my blood pressure rising the whole time! LOL! But turns out they were new and had no clue about plots and chatting, this dear player when they realized and hit the “B” key and could see all the plots, was so upset and apologized profusely, so in the end we became friends and I gave them a little starter pack to help them out and explored with them to find a new spot for their house…so glad I kept my cool and tried to talk it out, you just never know.:smile:

7 Likes

I used in game reporting once on beacons that were 100% greifing. I got no reply and the plots are still there months later. I ended up just moving our city center.

However, a PM from this forum got results almost instantly.

3 Likes

Mobs do not make good judges or juries and a gaming forum is even better evidence of that. The process doesn’t need to be transparent because it’s none of your business. Neither do the results. Additionally, in many cases of bullying on these forums, the “victim” is as guilty as the perpetrator.

Deescalation, discussion, understanding, compromise. Simple process to help just about anything.

4 Likes

That’s it! I quit!

:joy:

3 Likes