đŸ”« PVP in Boundless Poll

I want my stuff to remain all safe and cosy, and I’d hate to be bothered by random ppl whilst having a nice afternoon walk, but some form of consensual pvp would be nice. we currently have Dodge Bombs, which is pvp, many of us love it, it is a lot of fun and nobody is forced to participate. more pvp options for minigames could be the way to go.

7 Likes

Pvp raiding in sandboxes is someone breaking your defenses and stealing/destroying all of your things.

1 Like

Titans = PvM (still within PvE)

1 Like

Ah :sweat_smile: wasn’t aware of the difference between raiding like raiding a home, and raiding like a raid in Wow.

When someone says raiding my mind goes to WoW raids

2 Likes

I never said I’m going to quit over opt-in PvP or raiding. I won’t quit over a single change. But even WoW succeeded to make me quit by Cataclysm. :slight_smile:

I don’t mind group activities. What I do hate is when a game requires you to log in twice a week at 8 pm. I want to play when I feel like it and what I want to do, not what my guild wants me to do. :slight_smile:

And I hate if you have to complete pre-designed boss by following a scripted dance. That’s ok if you play a dance simulator but WoW raids have nothing to do with an MMORPG anymore. So yes, if Boundless would add WoW raids with stellar rewards I would be let down. I did quit GW2, raid exclusive legendary armor was a big reason.

That’s what I ment. Boundless doesn’t have combat PvP at all, I can’t see them going as far as allowing your base to be pillaged.

1 Like

Ask any Ark player you know what raids are and they’ll tell you what we don’t want in Boundless :wink:

3 Likes

Enabling PvP on creative worlds stands out to me as a viable option. You can have an entrance on a survival planet with portals to specific spots in an arena, or whole big battle map, and all players’ inventories would be wiped when crossing through so they can’t possibly cheat. Shop stand at the portal gives them what they need, or you can go battle royale style and hide shop stands around the map.

And the portals are free!

Enable flying after a battle royale to zip around and refill shop stands and make edits, then disable flying for the next round.

1 Like

It is simple we need more pvp style games to make like dodge bombs. I personally am getting bored with bombs. Can we have something interactive?

1 Like

I work Friday :sob:

Lets be real
 this poll has flaws cause you can see who votes what.

The fact is that over half of the people gonna look first " who has vote and what" 
 “ok the pretty girl voted x ill vote that too”
 “oh my friend thinks that way
 i guess me too”.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Edit. I prefer anonymous votes.

2 Likes

Wait
 which one did the most pretty girls vote for? I change my answer to that.

5 Likes

lol Well I dont care what anyone voted. Its not so much we need PVP. We need more ways to make games. That is it. With no Redstone required.

4 Likes

I didnt say you cared
 but many people do. They just dont speak it publically. You know those workers who always wanna be the boss favourites? Same applies here too lol.

2 Likes

Anonymous Poll (it won’t show who voted):

• I want PVP in Boundless
  • I don’t want PVP
  • I want to enable PVP on a beacon
  • I want PVP regions
  • I want a PVP planet
  • I want PVP with rewards
  • I want PVP for builds & games
  • I’d try PVP if we had it
  • I’ll never participate in PVP
  • PVP should be on Sovereign Planets
  • PVP should be on Creative Planets
  • I want a donkey
  • Where’s my pants
  • Test

0 voters

4 Likes

I do want my donkey.

5 Likes

I thought everyone checked my vote and followed. :nerd_face: :thinking:

2 Likes

Only reason I’d even vote for PvP is solely for minigame potential. Personally I’m not a huge fan of PvP. There would also need to be an option to turn off Death Penalties caused by a PvP minigame zone or else it would be a horrid idea.

For those that voted they do not want pvp, is that perceived as they personally dont care to partake in pvp, or they do not want to see it in boundless at all?

When games that didn’t start out with PvP add it, it’s a huge turn-off for most that were happy the game didn’t have that to begin with.

People usually get bored of it quickly, and there will be a small handful of players left that will keep begging others “come 1v1 me!, come to PvP!, someone come check out my PvP xxxx!..”. It annoys everyone else, that isn’t interested.

When they added it to Trove, people would beg for others in chat to join them in PvP - no one wanted to do it - people eventually started just shouting “shut up!” at them.

OSRS has confined areas where PvP is allowed and that seems to work great. Years ago, they added several PvP servers because the group that wanted PvP was really loud and adamant about it. They were the least utilized servers and they ended up shutting most of them down. They’ve since added tournaments that happen ever so often & that seems to have worked out fine.

And so on.

It just seems to be a feature that games spend a lot of time on, that everyone ends up tired and bored of :woman_shrugging: - unless it was part of the game to begin with.

However - I don’t see much harm in adding more function or interactive things in Boundless, for people to use for some type of PvP games. I don’t know how you would add PvP in a way that wouldn’t annoy the other players and that the PvPers won’t get bored of in 2 seconds. I think having bouncy hopper bawls(spelled wrong to miss the filter) that could be used in soccer games, paint splatter pew-pews, and creature spawners might be a little more worth game development resources than old-school PvP.

TLDR; depends on what the game would define as PvP and how they would implement it.

8 Likes

I don’t want to see pvp in boundless at all.

2 Likes