Pvp ish

Sign me up for a laser gun :gun:
I melee in Troveā€¦which is also somewhat an odd/sci-fi MMO

1 Like

Laser tag? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Waitā€¦laser tag??? Can it be on the planet that is void of light? I would totally participate!! :+1::+1::+1::facepunch:

4 Likes

Well that would be a form of PvP.

PvP doesnā€™t necessarily need to be killing each other.

Basically laser tag would be more or less a minigame. Then again, there are people in this community who are strongly against minigames for whatever reason ever since the game Hytale was brought up on the forums. This game could use some of that type of content.

2 Likes

They would have to set a option for players to fully opt out of pvp so traps like that canā€™t happen

1 Like

The idea that is being talked about is fully optional pvp never have to participate and no way to be trapped and forced into pvp. A setting you can toggle so you will not be able to join in on pvp.

1 Like

a toggle PvP could be perfect if you prefer PvE no need to activate PvP and us who want access to PvP could actively play PvP no need for pvp planet either on that case. Just a point based PvP with some sort of honors system that can give you rewards each month.

Itā€™s settled. Laser tag worlds.

1 Like

I am down for some competitive laser tag. :smiley:

1 Like

This is amazing. I could not have thought of a better way to implement.

This was what I was thinking before I saw Havocā€™s idea. I love the ideas behind Spleef and Pofā€™s Drop Parties, and scavenger hunts. They can be great when players make them but it would also be nice to see some Developer-made/inspired sports and mini-games. Theyā€™re already touching on the PvE side of it with the holiday events, they could set something up one day thatā€™s PvP (like lazer tag, powered by gleamā„¢).

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing some Capture the Flag done in variety of different ways.

Some with killing, some without, etc. Thereā€™s nothing that says that pvp has to be done in only a couple different ways.

Kind of glad people are picking up on that.:+1:

it would be nice, since people asking for the reward in pvp, to have in your pvp-arena-beacons some sort f trade menu (like the one for handtrade) where you only can start a fight/enable pvp by making a price offer and the offer being accepted by your opponent. That way the price can be basically everything a player is willing to give or to accept as a reward.

Another possibility for a reward in these arena-beacons could be that anybody can donate coin to the beacon and the winner of a fight gets to keep all the collected coin ^^

1 Like

I have no problem with truly 100% zero-grey totally optional PvP.

However, with PvP balance comes PvE nerfs. And they will be horrid.

Iā€™ve never seen it not happen.

1 Like

Pve feels like a nerf already
With no armor and no weapons.

Well if we didnā€™t have to put points into armor skills and had actual craftable and modifiable armor that we could wear, I think that would solve a lot of the issues with PvE.

Same goes for the atmosphere protection skills. I find that actual equipable armor could solve a lot of that problem. Same goes for being able to forge additional elemental protections on the armors. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Yea fully agree. I would love to wear a suit of armor into battle. The way it is now I have a pie and a loincloth.

1 Like

pvp should be on a dedicated planet. no plot reserving just free for all, that way nobody can claim the best real estate. this would also encourage the developers to get creative with the base defense items like turrets or tesla coils like red alert style to help defend your base. ā– ā– ā– ā–  would get medieval with the guild wars. there could be some special ressource(s) that are specific to this planet so that you are rewarded for the higher risk. but in all honesty pvp would be pretty lame to implement unless there was armor and more weapons (swords, guns, throwing stars, bows, magic, etc).