You have the option to respec your character once every so often (three months maybe), with a cost associated. It’s not something you’ll do lightly, but it will allow for a total change of direction like you mention, or for rectifying a progression decision you regret.
How set in stone is the respec with skill cap route now?
Nothing is ever set in stone, and if it hasn’t yet been implemented then it’s definitely still up for grabs. I still think it’s the best option though, and I’ve not seen a strong consensus from you guys that we should go a different route.
There is a question about it on the survey which is going out next week, so it will be interesting to see the results from that.
Well, I’ll wait until the survey then. But I think caps are almost always worse than other solutions.
Oh gods yes. Minecraft farming is so simplistic. The only things you have to worry about are jerk players and rabbits.
I don’t mind farming being added later, if this is ‘the beginning’ of civilization, hunting-gathering can suffice.
the more unique the more rewarding.
So the player progression system is still flip flopping as regards skills/attributes/stats?
But I take it this is not planned to be defaulted like Minecraft where everyone has the same vanilla stats and it’s only equipment , enchanting potions that altar it?
1: Will there be attributes , such as Strength, Constitution, Perception, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility and Luck?
Would it be locked by your point assignment in the beginning of character creation or would you earn more points; allowing you to have an attribute up to say 10 on a 1-10 scale
Although without npcs I see little purpose to charisma.
2: Will skills be pin point and focused or generalized trees?
Example: Mining. Or, Ore mining, Stone Quarrying, ect.
Metallurgy. Or, Sliver Smithing.
You see what I mean?
3 Natural resistances. Would there be natural racial resistances or could you customize your characters resistances when you first make it?
Example: You have 100 ‘percent points’ to use. You can spend them on any resistance you want. Spread them out, or put it all in one leaving yourself vulnerable.
I like to base my characters on myself, so my stats would look something like this:
Strength: 7
Constitution: 8
Perception: 5
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 4
Luck: 1
Resistances:
Cold: 40%
Disease: 60%
Main skills:
Hunting
Herbology
Metallurgy