Q&A: Crafting

it may be that you understand something wrong? i know that my english is not so good.
armor is that what you wear on the chest, breast, head, …, i dont mean armor like in wow, thats why i say

and

I thought with those two part of the sentence it is clear that I meant no wow armor

why should i forget legendary items ? i think every game need some prestige items for hardcore gamer`s to show other people what they have achieved.
i like to make a item like this. it need long and make much work, but this is what i like, and i know many people who like this too.

He said you should forget the legendary quests for the legendary items.

1 Like

Armor is typically worn to provide protection from something. Wearables will not offer protection if they’re cosmetic-only. It’s a very tiny semantic thing, but using the word armor instead of wearables (the Boundless term used by devs) sort of has this connotation of providing protection, which is incorrect. I’m just trying to get the community used to the concept of wearables, which are intrinsically different from the armor pieces in other games. And part of this comes from accuracy in using the words.[quote=“Saint_X, post:81, topic:4087”]
why should i forget legendary items ? i think every game need some prestige items for hardcore gamer`s to show other people what they have achieved.
[/quote]

As far as I know, current gameplan is for everyone to have progression. Crafters included. As crafters progress, they can make rarer/more difficult to obtain/more unique “things”. You can play the game however you want (or become a crafter) and earn coin for your adventures, which you can then use to purchase these “things”. That will be your prestige, hard-to-earn, item.[quote=“Saint_X, post:81, topic:4087”]
i like to make a item like this. it need long and make much work
[/quote]

I feel you here. It’s satisfying to put in the effort and get a sweet reward. But this game is trying to focus on promoting social interactions. Unless you want to be like @KuroKuma and go solo and try to master everything, with each result taking many times longer solo than it would have taken with help, then you’ll need to join with friends/a guild. If you want to become a crafter to make these cool, hard-to-get items, that’s fine. But you’ll likely need help with resource acquisition and material refinement if you want to get anywhere fast.

Again, I understand. I’m not trying to put down what you like or how other games are designed. I also enjoy those games. But the devs have explicitly stated time and again that they’re trying to think outside of the MMO box in this game. So I’m just trying to help explain the information they’ve shared with us so far.

1 Like

Quick note: I’m not sure yet if I really want to solo everything^^ Mostly because I’m lazy. But I just think it should at least be possible.

1 Like

That’s fair :smiley:. I just like picking on you hehe

1 Like

sorry for using wrong term, force of habit, in any game I’ve played they are called the clothes armor

you need social interactions for a legendary or you have ever do a raid alone ? :smile:
i have nothing against social interactions

I try as much as possible to make alone on profession, if it is possible. but there is still too little info over professions to say that i do all alone. i hope that we can not do all proffesions so easy like in guild wars 2(you need only some gold and you can get all proffesions in some hours on max.). if it hard to do all alone i have no problems to do only 1 or 2 professions. and i will join a guild to 100%, not because profesions, but rather the because the social interactions ^^

how do the developers know what we like when we do not tell him ? It’s just my opinion, what the developer make with this information is something else.

possible yes, but real hard and not so easy like guild wars 2 (wow was a bit better but not real much)(once time i do 1 character with all professions on max just for level him, i need just 2 hour for all 8 proffesions on max in guild wars 2)

You couldn’t do everything with one character if I remember correctly. Be it because of class restrictions or because you had to choose some things over others which locked each other out.
But that gets offtopic^^

correct in wow not but in guild wars 2 ^^

1 Like

Exactly. The Boundless devs are making a game unlike anything any of us have ever played before :heart_eyes:

Dragonwrath is soloable, isn’t it? :wink: I was merely replying to you saying you wanted to make a legendary item. And I was pointing out that you’ll need help in this game, just as you would in WoD.[quote=“Saint_X, post:86, topic:4087”]
how do the developers know what we like when we do not tell him ? It’s just my opinion, what the developer make with this information is something else.
[/quote]

The feedback has come up before and the dev response has been about how they’re thinking outside the box. I was merely rehashing that for your knowledge in case you missed it. Feedback is always welcome and there’s strength in numbers. I’m just sharing what has already been shared.

guild wars 2 tried the same and failed ^^ more and more people go away from that game, there is no content and the game is still pay to skin. i hope boundless has a better crafting system later. i have spend a lot of money, therefore I hope the game get awesome.

Yes, I agree. GW2 was great in concept but their weird class and combat systems drove me nuts.

Lack of end-game content is something I’m really worried about with Boundless too.

ps: i have build Shadowmourne and for this you cant do alone, i dont know if Dragonwrath is soloable

guild wars 2 combat- > stack & damage and all death ^^
the class system from guild wars 1 was great, but guild wars 2 failed i think

we have titans & we can build big cities and houses or othe amazing things so i hope we have more content. but i hope they ad from time to time new titans. kill alway the same titans is boring.

i still hope for legendary Wearables or something like a weapon XD Maybe we can mine some legendary ore from a titan to build a legendary item, but this is just a idea.
(extra for you i try to use here the correct term :smile:)

1 Like

As has been said by others, i think you think too much in retracted tracks. If i need to speculate i’d say there won’t be any item that take this effort to create (in a single run) but you need to invest time to climb different difficulties and master different worlds to get the best weapons which takes a lot of time.

Same here, i totally agree with you. We (the players) need more input about the end-game concept of B< before we can speculate further.

@olliepurkiss @james @ben can you share some more informations about this or answer some more questions from the questions appeal ? Especially the questions around #1 and #4 would be super interesting to me.
(Side question: is @james still alive ? we didn’t hear from him in a while … he’s not even responding to PMs).

Can you share more informations what skills we get and how we use it ? Will this be “passive” skills that apply to your work once selected or do we get active skills that need to be triggered too (eg. like “throw a fire-ball”) ?

I can assure you, @james is quite alive. I know this because he is currently locked in my basement under torture until he accepts my mo’pig proposal. I understand that this may result in delays to development, but you will all thank me when you’re enjoying tasty mo’pig chops in 1.0.

But now I’m getting off topic…

2 Likes

You monster … give him back … i need him for my own “requests” :smiley:

Airships? I’m hoping these will still make an appearance!

1 Like

@james was ill last week and is on holiday this week. I think he’s back on Monday.

I will start another thread about end game.

11 Likes

You’re my hero. Thank you so much! Looking forward to it.

Me too. I’ve been refreshing my browser in anticipation for about 4 hours now!

1 Like

You know the discourse format automatically searches for new posts and updates accordingly right? :smile:

1 Like