Q&A: Economy

Neat hint. But how can they affect all worlds if their worlds are disconnected from portals?

Ben is just spreading disinformation to deflect you away from the truth…

Trust no one.

4 Likes

I dont believe you!

3 Likes

aaargh! Paradox!

2 Likes

It’s probably not true, just another stupid rumour spread by the plebs that live on Lleb I bet. I’m sure the CG have everyone’s best interests in mind, it’s a democracy after all. What bad can possibly happen putting ordinary hard working citizens in power?

1 Like

How do you determine “who” is prominent ? If this is player driven, i see a lot of problems. could you reveal more informations about the concept if it reaches a “final” state ?

PS: I add this question to the question appeal :smiley:

1 Like

…Pllebs?

7 Likes

Well this whole thread is making me way too excited for 1.0.

5 Likes

Everyone overlooks the fact that Ben said the CG won’t be ruled by the head of every world as if that was the already established (untrue) truth.

That’s the real leak guys!

That’s a really cool concept. Good architects could actually benefit from their work :grinning:

1 Like

All da leaks :sunglasses:

I like the idea of salary for work. That encourages to be more active and reward people for it.
More activity = more wealth, sounds fair. I’m just afraid of farm bots that can really kill the system.
Maybe even more, then in other economy concepts.

@olliepurkiss another way to stimulate the economy could be a “limitation” of plinths per player. people have to choose more carefully what to offer. Limitation in this case does not mean a fix number, but you can let the cost for a plinth increase exponentially.
Maybe it also stops players from getting “super rich” in opposite to others. Because I see some kind of circle: x plinths → x objects → x positions to make money with. So the faster you increase your amount of plinths, potentially the faster you earn money. Endlessly plinths / endlessly money… money earning would not be dependent of time anymore it will be dependent on the amount of plinths / sells. This thought is not finalized, I might interprete or think wrong.

Also I better like the idea of shops and you have to switch from player to player to by stuff. Rather then big supermarkets with everything super cheap…

3 Likes

I really hope plinths wouldn’t increase exponentially in price, if somebody wants to make a huge shop they should be allowed to. i think they should just decently expensive from the start. especially if you can only sell 1 item on each plinth.

1 Like

I think you interprete the word exponentially wrong. It does not have to be 1 4 16 whatever…
it can also grow like 1 1,1 1,2 1,4 1,7 so on, so you are able to have a big amount but somewhen have a natural limitation that you can just break through with more effort (to collect the sources to build).

Furthermore you could define another regulation for traders. They of course have a higher amount of plinths or a lower exponential raise in price.

Thing is @olliepurkiss idea is having dynamic in place trading and interaction instead of auctioneer. Your idea gets clother to the auctioneer concept because you have a huge amount of items in a small place.

Still the amount of appropriate plinths are about to discuss. I didn’t call any number yet.

@olliepurkiss do you have a plan to avoid people just trading everything to avoid the tax? or would that just be “a feature”?

I think that would go under incentive to be social^^

3 Likes

I would only see it as a posetive thing if people travelled more and was more social to avoid the taxes :smiley:

1 Like

Not as much social as cheap, i can easily imagine nobody bothering to buy plinths and just store everything in chests to avoid the tax (ofc depending on how big it is and if it affects something else)

So the Central Guild is really the Central Bank of Oort, run by mythical Oortelfs and the major player run guilds leaders to keep those gears of war machine against the pesky little titans greased.

Stamp coins - Give them away - Tax usage of coins - ? - Massacre titans - Mad profitz

Wake up fellow Oortians, this is a genocidal conspiracy against the ancient ones, DO NOT support CG or their cause by accepting their blood coins!

But let’s get serious for a second.

Will any player be able to become prominent enough to join CG or is it like that the leaders of the most successful guilds will be the prominent players and they will be distributing the coins by paying salaries to their guild members, who can use those to buy materials/items/gear from smaller guilds or individual players, so to say, to pay their salary for the material gathering/crafting?

4 Likes

It sort of reminds me of these guys

For those who dont know, it is a member of something called the “Kunie Clan” from an anime log horizon where the game becomes real. these guys work in secret but have the power over all the money going in and out of the game and are more or less able to pull any of the strings in the world to their liking.

Something i would absolutely love (though unrealistic) is like in the game the actual core or the flow of gold is gathered one place deep within a massive raid.

Even if you couldnt interact with it, it would be insanely awesome if there was a physical place where the gold flow could be seen just to add a sense of lore to the game.

4 Likes