Q&A: Economy

Well, guess I forgot to mention that npc corporation don’t really have that high tax rate, just 11% and since it’s pretty easy to start your own corporation or join any player run, that has lower tax or no taxing at all, it’s not really forcing currency sink through corporations.

Also in EVE the economy is basically player run and the development team doesn’t interfere with it, which is why there isn’t any considerable currency sinks besides the market and contract fees and taxes and even those aren’t that big ones, which is why the currency is so inflated.

To try and keep this on topic, perhaps in Boundless we could have an other currency sink besides the taxing, since if they are going to try and keep the inflation as minimal as possible with just taxing that would require them to actively adjust the tax percentage to the coins in hold of players.

But if were going to have a static and as low as possible tax(as I’ve gathered from @olliepurkiss replies, do correct me if I’m wrong here), I was thinking that perhaps Central Guild could sell some more rarer materials for above the market prices and in worlds that don’t have those materials(the idea behind here is that CG would have players who would actually mine the minerals that are sold from actual worlds for balancing reasons and to stick with the player run concept, above the market prices would guarantee that traveling merchants are viable as well).

1 Like

How viable would it be if a guild’s tax rate influenced the area or size of beacon claims that a guild could have? Sort of like a property tax, where the higher % a guild pays, the more they can maintain? Non-guilded players could choose to pay a higher % to increase personal beacons as well.

5 Likes