Q about Alt's permissions

I just created my first alt.

How do I give my alt the necessary permissions to utilize my settlement etc?

I’m assuming I need to switch back to my main character and do something, but I’m not sure.

Why doesn’t the game tell you how to do this kind of thing?

This game is just terrible as far as explaining basic game systems.

Oh, well.

Thanks.

1 Like

Your alts will appear in your friends list so give them permissions just as you would any other player. Enter your beacon menu and find them in the list and mark all 3 permissions types.

1 Like

Coulda sworn it told you how to add permissions for other people. Alt qualifies as other person since it’s not the beacon owner

Yeah, I finally figured it out.

It would be nice if the devs would add things like this to the Alts tutorial so newbies wouldn’t have to look on the web to know how to play the game.

They make you run through the tutorial again, knowing that you already know this stuff, instead of creating a new tutorial that deals just with Alt stuff.

Another quick Question if I may.

Is there any way an Alt can add plots to your main settlement?

I’m talking the original settlement that your original char built?

Right now, I can only add plots to the new beacon I created as part of the tutorial.

Thanks again.

1 Like

The alt might not be played by the same person tho. And you don’t have to follow the tutorial on the alt either. Plots go to the beacon and beacon owners can only add plots. And every game that I can think of always starts the tutorial on the character even if it’s your second one

Yes, with a new beacon. Plots are specific to each character so only your main can add plots to their own beacon.

Your alt will have to start a new beacon and their own plots but the settlement will be one as long as they are right next to each other.

Procedure is the same with your main character. As you do the objectives and get the cubits for plots, your alt buys the plots. You, as the alt, pick where you want them to be and place the beacon. They you, as the alt, give your main character permission to use any and all, just as you gave your alt permission.

As for knowing what to do, I’m the type of person who gets on here and does the search to learn stuff, then ask for more info in areas I don’t understand, not look in the objectives or such to learn info.
I check knowledge to know what I need to make things, but that is the extent of using the objectives as I think they need to be reorganized.

I gave my alt full permissions and my alt cannot add plots to my main (original) settlement.

So, maybe you misunderstood my question.

I’m not sure how to ask in a different way.

Is there a way for my Alt to add/remove plots that my original character put down?

Can my Alt add/remove plots that are part of my original characters Beacon or is my Alt limited to adding/removing plots that are attached to his owned Beacon?

Thanks.

No.

10 characters

OK.

So, if I want to extend my current settlement, I need to place my Alts Beacons so they’re plots are directly adjacent to any current plots.

Go it.

What do you mean by “10 characters”?

Thanks again

This forum requires a post to be made up of at least 10 letters and/or numbers before it can be posted.

You can have a max of 10 characters per account. 1 main and 9 alts.

haha! dual meaning :stuck_out_tongue:

10 letters per forum message
10 oortians for your Boundless account :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I didn’t misunderstand your question, you misunderstood my answer. It is a given that when you buy plots, they are your plots and you chose who can have permission to have access or any control. You can place them attaching them to your settlement or on a separate area not touching anything else.

Your alt buys the plots. They belong to the alt. The same rule applies. It is you as the player putting down the plots, but they belong game wise, to the alt. Your main character can not place plots to attach to your alts plots nor can a alt place plots attaching to your main character’s plots.

2 Likes

In addition to that, different beacons plots can’t overlap one another.

1 Like