Q: I'm having connection / lag issues - help!?

WTB Wave G ISP, PST. Holy cow hahaha.

4 Likes

what is that internet? looks super fast :smile:

Seattle’s been getting a lot of love lately; Wave G has a bunch of fiber drops direct to a bunch of apartment buildings downtown. It ends up being very cheap as a result, too

I play on US servers and i always get loads of lagspikes :frowning:

1 Like

Your internet is faster than 99% of US?!
Thats like… 320 million people!

1 Like

well now i know my country is good atleast

Holy hell that internet speed

Interesting. Thanks for responding.

We’ll definitely want to follow up with some more questions.

1. Are you you Wired or Wireless?

Bith, it just gets worse on wireless. I use a program that finds the b est dns server for me, I havent checked on boundless for a while, ill tell you what it is like when i use this but my pc is currently being repaired so it might be a while. The problem is most noticable when building and using the grapple or toggling run.

I was curious as to how mine measured up…

Fareham, UK

@nevir damn that’s fast!

1 Like

For everyone except @nevir, I’ve updated the FAQ entry with some details about Packet Loss. Let us know if you’re experiencing “Request timed out.”

3 Likes

With around 60 seconds of testing I had about 15 request timeouts

1 Like

Ok thanks. And how much “rubber banding” do you experience in the Testing version of Boundless?

1 Like

I will test for you and get back to you tomorrow!

1 Like

Hey there, I’ve pretty much been having lag ever since I tried to play this game; I think I’ve talked to you about it before, but I’ll post it on this thread now.

Here are my results:

No matter what server I try to play on, I’ll still get about the same amount of lag, and the game is practically unplayable for me.

I feel like it is more on my part because of my shoddy internet, but I’d still really like to play this game. I know when I go off to college in another year I’ll have good speeds, but I want to see if there’s anything I can do now.

2 Likes

Lag is coming in bursts today. Sorry if this is necroing :x.

Union City, CA

i have this problem with Boundless this happens everytime idk whats causing it i just know its probably not my internet since i just upgraded it to a better connection, I have played Boundless for 14 hours not much really due to the very high “ms” that i keep getting,my “ms” would reach 1000+ and thats practically you cant do anything other then wait for the server to respond to the action i wanted to do. i tried lowering all of the graphic (game is still so beautiful gotta hand it to the devs) to the lowest settings but there was no difference the same occurance happened actually i think it got worse when i lowered it. But yeah thats all i can tell, not really much of a geek when it comes to codes and stuff. Sorry if my english was hard to understand if you have any question about my problem feel free to reply

Can you share the 3 requested logs explained in the original post?

So since the Per pixel lighting does baaaaaad things to my game, does that mean my PC does not handle the game very well? :cold_sweat::disappointed: I hope not!