Q: I'm having connection / lag issues - help!?

These values all look fine - so you’re connection should be fine.

A couple of possible issues:

1. You’re playing on wireless and the signal is quite variable. As a test - try playing wired and see if it’s a big difference.

2. There is contention on your local network, either within you home or in your local neighbour hood. Try playing the game and leaving the ping command running alongside it. If the connection stalls what is happening with the ping?

3. Try reducing your Networking option of Chunks Rate Limit - try Medium.

Please let me know how you get on…

Hi @Dominatus - did you try any of these suggestions. Setting the Chunk Rate Limit should help.

Gotdamn… 16.48 mbs… good grief mate. Tell your phone companies to raise the standards please for your own sakes. we have 240mbit connections here in Canada. They expensive as hell. But I have a 120mbit with unlimited bandwith for 45 a month… Tell em to get their arses out the dark ages.

3 Likes

did the server addresses changed (would be interesting for the ping test to them for package loss)? And by the way … there is a dot to much in “… -t .playboundle…” :wink:

Since launch i keep having unstable connection. I know you guys prob more than aware of just pointing it out tho

Hello!

i dont know if the issue is with my laptop or something else, but “most” of the time i get this unplayable connection for a second it seems like the connection to the server is lost for a moment? This happens around once per minute. Honestly i dont think it really has something to do with my internet connection since i tested and it doesnt matter what kind of connection i use. I tryed 1gbps connection and it still did that “thing”. Then i got to work and i thought id try 10gbps connection but effect was same. Even though i sit at 500 at home i have no problems on my desktop. Maybe the issue is with the laptop? Brand new acer nitro 5 if that helps.

Sorry forgot to add the pictures:

I get this quite regularly but I put it down to our slow internet. It usually doesn’t spoil the game but yesterday was worse than usual for some reason. It was the first time it caused me to log out and stop playing.

I get this constant connection unstable box up while I play and I constantly lag off of buildings and die randomly
this is my info for the game
Reply from 184.168.47.225: bytes=32 time=39ms TTL=55
Reply from 184.168.47.225: bytes=32 time=39ms TTL=55
Reply from 184.168.47.225: bytes=32 time=38ms TTL=55
Reply from 184.168.47.225: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=55
Reply from 184.168.47.225: bytes=32 time=38ms TTL=55

and my screen pics

I have been playing this game non stop for a month now, I have had this connection unstable since the beginning. I will no longer play your game till the servers are fixed. Once they fix the game ill return to play, I also spent a great deal of money buying stuff to support this game and back it up. I am very disappointed that the pc has so many problems with the game and yet PlayStation doesn’t. I mean come on.

I have been the same connection iusses even on Ps4(not only me) , I don’t think the problem is linked to a specific platforn.

I have been having a LOT of unstable connection since the last 2 patches. I used to have no issues at all, but something has changed and is causing me a lot of duress. It has become so unreliable that it is really making me just not play… :frowning: