QoL Improvement: Animate Spark Generators when consuming fuel

I would like to suggest a small QoL improvement to the spark generators… Could they include some animation to show that fuel is being consumed. Most of us already know that fuel takes time for the generator to consume it, but new players will not. Some sort of visual indicator to show that something is happening would be good here I think.

Maybe something as simple as moving the center part up and down…

15 Likes

Some noise, smoke, or flying sparks would be cool too. I have them flush with the ground (and underwater at times) so multiple sources of animation would be preferrable.

Edit: They can even bubble up if underwater.

5 Likes

That’s a great idea, the middle part moving or the blue light pulsing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A little sexual but I dig it

On the same note, crafting tables have no animation either. Maybe they could vibrate slightly while working, like a cartoon toaster?

2 Likes

Furnaces too please ^^

2 Likes

Doesn’t a flame appear on the furnace base when you start using it?

Furnaces already have that perma-glow going on, just drop a little campfire smoke on the top and we’re cooking!

Nope :confused:

Another thing that’s probably a performance optimization but affects actual gameplay too is that even the machines that do move a bit, they only update their state when you get close to them, and even then there’s quite a big delay. I’ve gone to a crafting table after a day, picked everything up only to find some still there the next time, because the queue wasn’t fully updated yet.

So you can’t trust the visual state, and have to wait to be sure it’s finished crafting.

1 Like

Yeah your right, there’s no change in furnace. I do understand what your saying with spark gen though, when I first filled it I didn’t know what was happening, I had to find out what fuels were accepted in these myself, 2 being obv though I didn’t have coal at the time, was only in game a few hours if your lucky and I didn’t even know about the knowledge tab… and I’m talking a few days or weeks in lol. I didnt even know i had to award myself the skill points so use to it being auto given. I know I don’t read things sometimes tho