QoL: Option to disable bumper item switching (ps4)

Never have I ever wanted to change what I’m holding in my right hand when I hit the left bumper to radial-switch to a different item in my left hand. Ever. EVER. EVVARRRRR!!!

This “feature” has got me killed countless times while grappling and is just plain annoying when I’m trying to build, change from bricks to stones with my left hand and randomly whip out pies for no reason whatsoever with my right hand. This design makes no sense. Or when I’m fighting a meteor, try to change my left hand slingbow type then for no reason swap my right hand slingbow out for cooked earthyams…

Need a setting for LB controls ONLY left hand EVER, and RB controls ONLY right hand EVER.

Low priority fix, but please look into it! Either that or an option where you can’t change the item in your hand without first disconnecting your grapple at least.

9 Likes

Ehm, I think I have them separate. But you have to change a setting in game menu. Don’t have access now. Playing on PC.

1 Like

Yeh you can change it in settings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! This is incredibly annoying… killed me so many times. Unsure if PS4 has the setting to only change 1 hand. Will have to double check later, thanks for the reminder lol

2 Likes

Changing the setting doesnt stop this from happening… :unamused: for me at least

3 Likes

Yep, you can, sadly tho at random times the game still decides to still also switch the non-dominant hand item, sigh.

9 times out of 10 it works as expected tho but…

1 Like

I feel your pain. 100% :joy::joy:

Ah didn’t know that - I can’t wrap my head around using it lol, I just stick to the double rotate

1 Like

Yeah no settings fix this on PS4, I’ve tried and tried. Minor inconvenience for the most part, but can and does get you killed.

2 Likes

Yep no settings. You can make it so it only move primary hand. I don’t want it move at all on a quick tap. That is what needs to be able to be turned off.

2 Likes

Yeah quick tap needs a disable option. I have it set for primary hand only (right hand), but when I quickly radial switch the left hand it counts as a bumper tap for my right hand :frowning:

1 Like

100% support this

1 Like

Bump bump it up! Lol

1 Like

Yes please as an option at least

1 Like