Quality of Life Improvements - Farming

I am hopeful that Monumental can make some Quality of Life (QOL) improvements after the NPE has been fully completed.

A few things with farming I’d love to see:

• AOE Planting/Replanting or just plant once and then harvest the materials like you would an apple tree. Just pick the apples off once they’re ripe.

• After harvesting, having to till those pesky spots is annoying. This needs to go away:

Any farm QOL improvements you’d like to see?

20 Likes

AOE farming
AOE grass planting
Zero prestige ornamental decor crops that don’t turn into oortweeds

18 Likes

Yes please.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it counts as quality of life, but the fertilizers don’t seem to get used. Something there needs tweaking.

8 Likes

For sure, I agree, those beautiful prestige flowers need to be converted into decor flowers …
… ASAP please :+1: Soon :tm:
In their current form, it seems to me, they are the most unused objects in-game

8 Likes

Obviously, farmable Oort…

8 Likes

Adjustment to the edges of combustion fraction so that when you use a low power AOE to harvest it, you get exactly the 9 in range and not a subset of that because you unknowingly hit the axe at an angle that meant you harvested vertically instead of horizontally. I feel like I’m explaining this poorly but I’m sure you’ve experienced it before

I also second the fertilizer balancing suggestion. I think fertilizer doesn’t have AOE either and it would be nice if it did. It also only reduces the growth time and I think it should also increase the harvest to make it more valuable to use.

8 Likes

Oh man that would be awesome to have all these suggestions. More people might be more inclined to become a Farmer Oortian lol

5 Likes

Plantable trees of different types/colors
sapling < to growing tree < to matured tree

tractor

7 Likes

Would be fun to have plants growing not be relying on RNG…
Combustion and kindling farms can take up to a week to be fully grown even though the timer says 3d and something…

7 Likes

@PrincessMaude any thoughts on Goo farms and QOL changes?

1 Like

I mean. If we could the get the part of the update that changed how many spray cans we get from the pigments, I’d be satisfied.
I honestly love goo farming how it is now, of course it would be nice not to have to go to the exos to get the goo kernels but eh, it’s part of the deal.

3 Likes

Not a part of current farming, but I’d like to be able to “grow” trees; and also tap them for sap rather than chopping them down. AOE planting is a big YES!!! and also some xp for preparing the ground and planting. As it stands, 2/3 to 3/4 of the farming gives no xp.

5 Likes

I’d rather the decorative flowers just be able to live “indefinitely” so long as we keep them fertilized, with possibly added fertilizer giving longer durations that it will live between applications. Might make fertilizer used more

4 Likes

That seems like it could be a lot of micro-managing for larger builds. I would definitely be happier with a permanent, but prestige-removing thing. Could be made to be usable like Fertilizer is.