Question about creative

I have an idea for a build but have some questions.

Can I test design it in creative?

If I use creative will it tell me how many plots it uses?

Can I still take screen shots so I can have images to reference in the main universe?

Also, how do I access creative?

You still have to plot in Creative and can still see how many plots you used for a beacon so yes you can tell how many plots you used.

Yes you can still take screenshots. Mine are on my other computer or I could show you a few.

If I can find James’ instructions for this I will post a link

1 Like

In the Sanctum is an option for it on PC. You go into there and set up a world. Make sure it is running and then you can connect to it.

Note that Creative is like Live right now in that beacons have timers. So give yourself the longer fuels so you don’t have to fill it monthly.

1 Like

This steps through launching and also inserting some predefined worlds. I used these and have 4 planets in my creative universe. I can warp or portal between them.

1 Like

Other information.

1 - You will have to create a new character to use in creative

2 - There is a cheat skill loaf which you can use to get xp and level so you have the skills you need to build.

3 - You can also fly in creative which makes building a lot faster.

1 Like

How do I give myself things in creative?

And fly?

F9 in test and creative will give you a menu where you can give yourself objects from the game in ANY COLOR. You select the amount (or SS) and the color. You will find the cheat skill loaf in the menu as well as other blocks from the game

I might be wrong since I have not been on creative in a few weeks, but I think you hit the F key to fly and then it is the same as walking or swimming for up and down and other directions. If you hit F while flying you will crash to the ground. .

1 Like

Thanks I will try out creative this weekend