Question Appeal - Community questions for the next devlog update - WIKI post

The beacon survey has been released 5 days ago. I’m not stressing someone, i only like to get reliable informations :slight_smile: the information “it’s not forgetten” is about as helpful as saing there is sand in the desert. there is a significant difference between “not forgetten” and “we are working on it”.

but that’s something we already talked about (or at least i wrote you a pm about it :smiley: )

in my opinion they / he don’t need to answer all questions at the same time. but 5 answers a week won’t be a big deal that’s doable in ~1h without any problems.

1 Like

thats true

a question topic is senseless if we get no answer.
and 1-2 hour a week is not much, to write some answer

1 Like

Considering how many questions there are, I think a live stream would be a better application of time. Speaking is simply fastest than typing. It would seem easiest to do a quick walk-through of the current questions, so there are answers on the table. Then open it up for more in depth Q&A fire the rest of the stream.

I’m personally biased towards twitch. The highlight system is easy to get squared away and highlights never deleted. The upload to YT is pretty seamless as well.

1 Like

a stream is not easier and not better. as example some people has not the best internet. and the ground why it is not so good for me as example is, i am german and my english is not the best. its easy to read but not so easy if must here and understand. if it is a text i can show a translation for a word i dont know but in a stream not.
shot: a text based answer is easir for people with not so good english.

2 Likes

This also depends on which part of english people have problems with. I know some which can understand spoken english better than written english.

Anyway, the best solution would be a stream/video, loosely based on a “script” which answers all the questions. This “script” could then be posted on the forum for everyone.

3 Likes

Hey @Heurazio and @Saint_X thanks for the prompting. I wanted to post a dev update first before starting to answer the community questions. As it should hopefully establish a foundation for some of the questions.

(Oh and @Havok40k thanks for playing a little friendly defence here :football:)

As suggested I’m going to try and answer the questions gradually.

I’m been thinking about switching the empty (sorry!) FAQ category into a Q&A category and posting the response there. Or do you think it would be better to simply answer them collected into a few devlog posts?

Devlog posts feels easier. Whereas a Q&A / FAQ / AMA category feels like they would be easier for people to find in the future.

Which do you think would work best?

6 Likes

@james: thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

As mentioned earlier i’d like a Q/A Post but all in all it’s not important to me, it’s just a preference.

1 Like

No Problem. I know the problem if you do not feel to do something because the motivation is missing.

I think Devlog Post is ok. i think we need no Q&A

1 Like

Q&A could easily be made as a sub category to devlog.

As they say in the world generation or w/e in the general boundless on the exploration tab “Discover worlds rich in resources, and each different from the next. Ocean worlds where land is scarce and players live on small islands and atolls; mountain worlds where mines dominate the landscape and travel is difficult; desert worlds where minerals and metals are common, but survival is harsh.” How/will the game/ generator determin what kind of world it is? i mean, if i rent and make a world, and i make it as harsh as it comes, pitch black, mountains, lava everywhere… would that make it rich in mountain resources? or is it a dice toss and it might become a as full of resources as a grass plain world where id be lucky to find coal :stuck_out_tongue:

You can set the distribution of everything yourself. As long as you’re inside the guidelines, the devs most likely will put up when the time for those worlds comes, you should be able to connect your server/world to the MMO universe.

2 Likes

you seam to know alot :stuck_out_tongue: have another question what about terrain regeneration? how will this effect underworld building? cuz they stated u can use beacons to secure a resource area. but whats the point if they dont regenerate with the becaon there and if it does regenerate inside the beacon, then u cant build under ground :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, but you can build underground. Beacons can go anywhere. If you secure resources with a beacon, your basically just reserving it for you to harvest later. The area inside that beacon will not regeneration unless you remove the beacon. However, resources regenerate randomly so you can’t camp a single resource node.

1 Like

Additionally, depending on how beacons are implemented, it could be really easy to just delete the beacon where your mine was, let it regenerate and claim it back.

I think there will also be a mechanic which allows you to toggle regeneration inside your beacon.
That would also solve the problem of having someone else beacon an area you just wanted to let regenerate.

1 Like

3 Likes

Thanks @Zouls i don’t wanted to ask :smiley: otherwise @Havok40k would be unpleased with me again :smiley:

Unpleased? It’s never personal! I hope I don’t come off that way, but I can understand how it can be hard to tell in a textbox.

@Zouls I kinda thought that the PS4 video is what came out of that promise, even if they didn’t use a lot of the user submitted stuff. But I dunno :nydrool:

3 Likes

Everything is fine :slight_smile: you know … i like to exaggerate :smiley:

But i’d really love to see some answers on the questions :smiley:

good to know :stuck_out_tongue: but… so if i make a really cool mine system i have to beacon it all or it will just slowly grow and close ? u mby should add like… mine tunnel “beams”? u know those wooden things that oldschool miners put up so it wouldnt cave in… so they would prevent the regeneration in a small (underground) area but still not be claimed. or beamed

That sounds like a cool idea but also like it could be easily exploitable.