Question Appeal - Community questions for the next devlog update - WIKI post

dude i love diggin and i love my tunnels… made a tunnel around a limited mc map, with ways up a bit here n there :stuck_out_tongue: and some other fun projects, but would be impossible to beacon it and having it regernerate 24/7 would defeat its purpose :stuck_out_tongue: ( fun and possibly easy access to diffrent parts of the map, in a decently safe way) exploitable… yes and no… it would be like putting an upsidedown U in wood blocks every now and then. ( or a specific material ) and not much to exploit, possibly grief, but since the area for none-regen will be small then it would take more effort than its “worth” and they are decently easy to remove :stuck_out_tongue: probably more effort to place them since u need to gett the materials, rather than just removing the grief.

1 Like

Now imagine hundreds of players digging extensive criss-crossing mine networks that never went away, and maybe you can see why even though it’s maybe a bit inconvenient, it’s totally necessary.

4 Likes

same goes for beacons, imagine hundreds of players who place their beacons ant wierd locations etc or all over the place then quit. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Keeping the amount of space a player can protect limited to just beacons limits the impact made when a player goes idle for a long time. This can be further remedied if a player’s beacon claims are undone after an extended period of account inactivity. (example: a player does not log in to boundless for a full year- their beacon claims may be wiped) you can’t 100% prevent worlds from being crowded by abandoned claims, but you can minimize the impact.

1 Like

This is the community when we finally get the video / stream

Skeleton partaay

1 Like

1 Like

Question #37 over Privat Server added

@james, @ben: Any informations when we can expect some news or answers about this post ? It’s today officially 1 month old and it’s now 15 days ago since you revealed your c++ release. Time to feed the mob again, isn’t it ? :smiley:

5 Likes

I started writing some answers over the weekend… so hopefully get some initial answers public soon.

10 Likes

we are such a demanding community… i feel a bit pity… Hopefully we are not overdemanding o.o

Yea those thoughts crossed my mind for a while now too. I mean of course we want infos and it is a bit frustrating (and maybe our own fault) that we seem to get not enough information.
But the devs are still people. And we might stress them out too much.

4 Likes

I can throw this on the top I guess, but does anyone know of any plans to hire a community manager? I know it’s a smaller team, but if it’s being released on PS4 (which I’m assuming means many more people on these forums upon launch) that might really help keep developers on development while still helping with answering questions and keeping the community up to date.

3 Likes

Your questions are all perfectly reasonable - I just wish there was 25, 26, 27, screw it 36 hours in the day to get them answered.

9 Likes

Said every developer ever.

2 Likes

What does your sponsors think? Do they think it’s great that you spend so much time with community and pick up suggestions and needs?`If yes maybe you can covince them for more financial support to encourage another community manager. A workload of 36 hours per day is enough for 4 people. Since I have to plan ressources on my work, I know what I’m talking about. I just don’t know how is your situation in this case…

added a link with the answer post behind each answered question and set the question italic for a bit more overview

2 Likes

Nooo, I was just formatting the post as well :smile:
I´m going to split the questions into an answered and a pending section and remove a few links if you don´t mind (I think a link for each bullet point is sufficient and that a link for every sub question is kinda an overkill).

1 Like

Any plans for an ARM build for Linux?