Question of a Backcommer

Howdy, i had a break from boundless of 3 months, and now i think about comming back :slight_smile:
My gleamclub kept my stuff up, great, worth it! :slight_smile:

But now i saw the forums and saw about the “Private Universes” topic, so it feels like the game is now performing a Transition from an MMO to a “self hosted” game.

For me the only reason to love Boundless over Minecraft and etc was the MMO thing, ofc the build options and alot features are nice but for me it was the MMO thing.

I dont want to spend another 3000 hours into my builds and stuff and then have the servers turned off after a year or so.

So, are there any informations out?

2 Likes

I wish I knew, because I feel kind-of the same to be honest. The local-universe thing really does feel like a move to that to me, though I haven’t really said anything yet, since I feel like spouting conspiracy theories by saying it. lmao

2 Likes

In my eyes the community will still remain as it is regardless of the orivate universes. I hope most of the players remain in the main universe but we shall see.

1 Like

Not If they turn em off and we have local hosting and a bunch of Sovereign like planets

2 Likes

Hopefully before they do turn them off they will implement some sort of blueprint system so that those of us who have spent thousands of hours building stuff on the permanent worlds will be able to transfer them to either sovereign or self hosted planets.

2 Likes

Nah, it’ll probably be “download the planet” from what I’ve read.

I’ve got stuff built on a number of permanent planets so that wouldn’t be very practical … hopefully they will keep running for many many more years to come.

2 Likes

Seeing what is going on. Mmo remains but private universes are just an added option. We worry so much we hurt ourselves. Afaik the mmo remains

5 Likes

My people have only been around for about 3 months and we’re wondering the same thing. I think they are losing revenue if they plan a relaunch and long life for the MMO, because people are holding off buying multiple sovereign worlds just of the reason you stated until more info is released.

On the flip side it feels like there is more user involvement recently and return players in the last few weeks.

There is no relaunch.

5 Likes

Doubt perm planets would be shut down. Though if it happens I call dibs on gyosha as my sovereign :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I will have to dig for the post but James responded several months ago on the forums to this very question asked by me and he said no they were not taking the servers down or anything. It is simply a feature that was on the to do list since their kickstarter days so it’s just a feature not a plan of direction. The idea is if folks can play solo it may interest them in the mmo aspect.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that. I had seen speculation the the weapons patch was coming with a relaunch when i first started playing but never found any further discussion.

For sake of the conversation here is a link to James response
My thoughts on the coming update and everyone's reactions

6 Likes

Welcome Back to Boundless @PiratenBraut chan here a welcome back :cookie:

1 Like

okay :slight_smile: ty =)

1 Like