[Question] Who builds medieval fantasy style?

I absolutely love the style, but I don’t have the talent to be RPing Ludwig II on Alder any time soon… I might pull off a few medieval-style shacks and barns perhaps though? :smile: And I love seeing what others build like this.

1 Like

Is there a way to get cheap light gray blocks or is that just stone?

Ludwig II? Could you elaborate? I’m just curious

This sheet may help you to find the lighter colors on the planets
Lots of gathering and mining to do i say :grinning:

1 Like

Very helpful. Ty

Welcome to the game!
I also love high fantasy style, but I haven’t build something to that scale so far. Just single buildings:

For “white” colors, I can recommend Ashen Blue Sedimentary from Minorengle
That’s the “white” rock color we had in the beta universe. It works quite well, I use it for signs and Shop Stands.

Cool Violet from Alder and Cool Slate from Gellis or Niia Zed Ka are brighter but the color tint shows a bit more.

2 Likes

Ahh you’re in Chisel Knights. I spoke to your guild leader

I am still waiting for the stone colors “Weary Yellow” or “Ashen Yellow”
That would be really nice :+1:

1 Like

Cold berry is a good option for a “white” block also. But i’m also waiting for true white blocks myself. When an exoplanet comes out with pure white i’m definitely stocking up a few shop stands worth

2 Likes

Might have to wait for the backer planets to get a permanent source for white blocks.

I do like Medieval. I have done a few small designs

1 Like

Together with @Nyuudles we are building High-fantasy/mystical builds with a emphasis on incorporating nature.

We are working on this

But for ingame views you better visit us because taking prntscrs isn’t that easy when the builds get bigger.

We are located on Pheminorum/biitula and Dzassak

13 Likes

https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/read/articles/castles-of-mad-king-ludwig-ii

When some folks see a few of the fairly-tale style castles like Neuschwanstein in Bavaria, they might think them medieval because of the style, but they’re actually the whimsical constructs of a 19th century king, Ludwig II. His family, the Wittelsbachs, were a pretty interesting lot. Anyways, he seems to have built these extravagant structures solely to suit his own fancy, though of course now it is a big tourist draw. Would love to visit myself. Which gives me comfort when I see the huge, impractical mansions people build way up on the mountains where I live and maybe live in a few weeks a year… perhaps those will be a big tourist attraction a few hundred years from now! :wink:

If I had the time and talent, I probably would make a Ludwig II alt and grab viceroy of some world doing exactly this, reproducing his castles. :smile:

6 Likes

I love all of these for sure :slight_smile:

Look up the color for Cold Berry. It’s white with the slightest hue of pink in it. It’s really nice.

ha I just saw @Venom has recommended it as well.

2 Likes

looks awesome although in this game if ya are a builder and not a hunter /shopkeeper etc it be hard to get all these mats depends if ya dont mind working for it just letting you know there are alternatives get in touch with me if you struggling to get started
im always looking out to help great builders that are maybe less good at grinding and suchs
not that i know you i just know some builders struggle with the obtaining items part
so keep in mind i can help ya out with bigger projects
people and materials
hope ya have a fun time ingame if ya have questions
use our discord we can find fast an answer our help if ya need it

https://discord.gg/uADywaN

2 Likes

That’s an epic minecraft build. Not sure there’s anything that huge yet but there are tons of amazing builders in the game.
This is my place.

5 Likes

Here’s my flat world in minecraft. I’m a ps4 player.

12 Likes

I agree there’s a conspicuous lack of “limestone white” stone options. To be honest, I was waiting since release for Weary Yellow stone but thus far, nothing.

I’m not building on the theme you asked but here’s what I’m currently doing for “white” in-game.

Weary Yellow Sand (Imdaari)
Weary Teal Stone, Decorative Stone, and Marble (Dzassak)
Cold Tan Gleam, Gleam Pole (Kol Huroo)
I’ve found that while there is pure White gleam, the Cold Tan tinted lighting looks nice against the slight blueness of the stone.

But more importantly, I think that on a huge and grand scale, it will be an uphill battle to “fight” against the lack of netherquartz-like blocks. Personally, the strategy I’d choose would be to adapt the palette and texture to embrace what Boundless does have. We do have at least a few off-white options, so picking roof/accent colors that work to make those options feel white in comparison seems ideal. And of course, world atmosphere+lighting makes an enormous difference so perhaps consider taking a sample pack of blocks to different worlds to see how it looks? :slight_smile:

I definitely look forward to seeing what you build, OP!

9 Likes

I just went to Dzassak and got a whole ■■■■-ton of the whitish blocks. I think I found my source, this is awesome

1 Like

Welcome to the game!

You look like a really skilled builder! I also like to buil medieval but I don’t do fantasy style, just plain old normal medieval style.

The lack of blocks, or natural and plain blocks is sometimes pretty meh, but bloclchanging chisels lets you take a certain color and change the patterns if it doesn’t have the other types of block in the same color. But I myself am hoping for more plain natural color blocks. We’ve got some decent ones earlier in the year, but those are just skins really (marble, refined gravel). Most of the others are, for me anyway, pretty meh and wouldn’t fit my style.

Hoping for more gray, white, black, brown in other shades than we have now.

1 Like