Quirk effects not accurately displayed

When I put a quirk like ‘increased action speed at full health but decreased at low health’ on something then look at it in inventory (or in a shop stand), it displays the low health effect regardless of my characters health. It still functions as it’s says but I think it’s confusing.

2 Likes

Edit: this one has busy bee 9 (I think) so forge effect with quirk should be +55 not +35, and energy use reduced, not increased
Edit again: it’s also night time in this picture so wear removed is displayed incorrectly too

2 Likes

Off topic, but can I just say how similar your character looks to mine.

On topic, im not exactly sure what you mean by “low health effect”. Your second quirk is the “Best of Health” quirk - are you saying you actually got the “In Poor Health” quirk instead and its displaying as the other one?

1 Like

Lol, nice! And no, it’s the full health quirk but displays effect as if I had low health.

1 Like

Oh I see, your saying the added bonus action speed isnt being displayed in the tools action speed.

1 Like

Exactly : ) it’s only showing the negative aspects of quirks

1 Like

These are based on player health? :sweat_smile: I thought they were based on item health :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Does the same thing with the energy reduction quirk also.

Would be very nice to have this fixed up. Quirks get a bad enough rap as it is, lol

1 Like

Exactly. If people don’t know what the quirk does, they look at the stats when buying. If the stats are only showing the negatives, they won’t buy

3 Likes

I have had this problem with night/day quirk

It doesn’t show you what the difference is. Just says it.

And the action speed high health/low health one is annoying that it doesn’t display.

Even if it only showed the difference “High health increased action speed (+20) or decreased at low health (-20)” would be amazing.

2 Likes

I think the action speed Is + or - 10 and energy is 4. I totally agree that it’d be good to display that. There’s too much ambiguity regarding the forge anyway to have quirks and boons not explained explicitly :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Also debuff boons don’t always show on the final item. It just says

On hit applies:

1 Like

To clarify, is this an issue with nearly all the Quirks, or just specific ones?

1 Like

Just the ones with positive and negative conditional effects I think. Increased action speed at full health, reduced energy use when full, their opposites, etc.

1 Like

Just got home to double check and when looking at stats of quirky forged items in inventory and shop stands (usually - but not always) these are the ones that display incorrect stat changes: ‘Carpe diem’ shows decreased damage, even in the daytime. ‘Carpe noctem’ shows decreased damage, even at night. ‘Best of health’ shows decreased action speed, even with full health. ‘In poor health’ shows increased action speed at full health. ‘Fully filled’ shows increased energy use even when food bar is full. ‘Ravenous’ shows decreased energy use when full.
Again, this happens most of the time but not every time.
Thanks for taking the time to reply : )

1 Like

Out of interest, for the examples you’ve listed, do all of those quirks display their descriptions alongside the stats?

Yeah, the green writing that describes the effect is accurate. It’s just that the stats in forge effects don’t show correctly : ) the picture of the spanner above shows three of them and I can get more pictures if it’d help? I’m probably not good at explaining, lol.

1 Like

I should probably explain further. There are some cases where the green text appears:

And in some cases, it doesn’t, even though it should have a quirk:

Did you not get anything like this?

3 Likes

Oh I see. No, not that I’ve noticed. The green text is always there for me, I believe.

1 Like

In the first picture, I have low health. Action speed should be reduced but is increased. The opposite is happening in the second picture.

1 Like