Quirk suggestions bring them!

the extra jump height one, is already in game.

Paint gun - missed shots from a slingbow end up changing the color of the hit block randomly.

1 Like

Maybe Shaped Charge, or possibly Claymore?

Mind of its own - mining in one direction successively for too long causes your hammer to get bored and decide to destroy blocks in a random cardinal direction from the intended strike zone.

2 Likes

Tool quirk. Breaks random adjacent block :stuck_out_tongue:

I got it from the D&D spell: Prismatic Spray, which sends out multiple beams and each one deals a different element and status effect.

A variation of that quirk that only makes boons work during the day.
Quirk(insert name): tool/weapon does 50% more damage during the day, but 50% less during the night.
And a quirk that does the same but day/night reversed.

2 Likes

Demonic Possession Quirk

As long as you are holding it, you can not control anything else, except to open inventory (So you can remove the item from hand), and instead your character will start running, walking, attacking, and using the currently equiped items at random.

Cursed - When equiped, it sets a timer and can’t not be unequipped or changed till said timer is up.

But I Just Ate/I’m Not That Tired - no matter your energy or max energy level, you constantly feel hungry/tired, thus always making the sounds associated with those states. Can never be Full Up.

Glutton - Food Effects are 1/3rd as effective, but can now stack up to 3 times if you eat 3 of the same one. Only stacks effect, doesn’t change time.

To tack on to yours, “the ricochet” for hammers, where when you hit a rock it thrusts you in the opposite direction and hits one behind you, high tier makes it bounce more and in possible different directions for uncontrollable ricochetal fun.

Edit: look ma! I’m a wreaking ball!

2 Likes

This Isn’t Even My Final Form - Crit chance and effect increase as durability decreases.

3 Likes

“Smash” - causes fist weapon to slam the ground directly below the user and creates a 3 block deep crater. Like hulk smash!

Edit: but use durability x2 or something to offset so not used for regular mining

1 Like

Hammer of the Gods - Can’t move while tool is equipped.

2 Likes

Possible bomb only - “blast off” - drops bomb at user’s feet for instant angular lift off at high speed

Sounds like Rocket Jump.

What if it had a second level that had an unpredicted direction?

Or changed directions in mid flight?

These arent quirks though lol, these are bonuses

Whirlwind - Shovel quirk which will rip up a bunch of grass seeds in a fairly large area around you (but not soil), costs extra hunger maybe

Waterwalking - while holding the tool turns water blocks infront of and under you to ice for a small amount of time but gives you a stacking heat debuff that decreases duration it stays melted until eventually it just melts instantly.

Insanity - increases damage/speed/ or some other benefit to the cost of a stacking debuff that when it reaches a certain point causes all sorts of distortion effects, warped view, blindness similar things.

Leech life - directly take health to hit harder (not sure if this exists already)

Shrink - while holding the tool you can fit in 1 high blocks spaces, food gives twice the amount of saturation but you have half hp… maybe also do half damage (thought it might be kind of cool for building stuff if you can make 1 tall gaps to fit through

Grow - make yourself 4 tall or more, increase block reach, double food required for same affect, maybe more HP but i thought certainly further reach (thought it could be used for cutting down tall trees)

Lumberjack - chop down one bit of the tree, the entire connected tree including leaves drop, would have to take a lot of hits to durability one way or another and hunger and possibly other negative side effects to maintain balance.

Black hole - the more stuff you have on you, the heavier you get, sucking items towards you with greater range, if you have a full inventory the sucked items get destroyed or maybe turned into another block that is denser somehow.

Benefit to stone tools - Repair - chance of using some rocks gathered to repair the tool, eventually breaks because of not enough other materials

Same for wood tools for trees

Possibly same for metal tools, obviously not permanent eventually the tool will give out

1 Like

Like Mario after he eats a super star!