Railings for stairs ideas please

Any pictures or suggestions tired of doing the same thing thinking their could be another way. Also it’s for a grand staircase so that makes it a little harder.

This is the staircase I’m working on and I’m stumped unless i go much bigger do to build restraints.

@monty1 can we get the poles and beams to attach at a 45 degree angle :triangular_ruler: also to attach down to a floor that is also at a 45 degree slope.

4 Likes

The stairs are the easy part it’s the railings that are difficult.

If your staircase isn’t well shaped for lattices, you can do a lot with the bevel chisel - odd 45 degree angles and etc…

Some of the nicer staircases I’ve seen have really just used pillars - I also made a nice staircase with doors once, but people kept coming and moving them :stuck_out_tongue:

Still least auto-door takes care of that now.

2 Likes

Most everything Ive seen was pillars and maybe some nice lattice work.

This sent me to my old computer on a quest so, thanks for that :smile:

You can kind of see how I had this staircase coming down in the center of a large rectangular room, and here’s what I mean by using doors.

Blocky with glass wlls:

A mini-grand made out of chiseled LEDs. I paid someone else to randomize these for me so I wouldn’t see the pattern when I stared at them :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh here’s the doors when someone opened them - so tiresome. The build was right by an early hub though so it happened a lot.

A partially bannistered grand

OG version of this staircase with the glass blocks from above, and a slide down the middle.

LOL There were a lot of stairs at lantern gardens.

That’s a better view of the entry via the shop. In this next uone you can just barely see parts of two staircases built completely out of more chiseled blocks, mostly little cubes.

Oh I found a pic of the top of this:

And some of this it was tiny in the other pic

L’eau Nouveau:

Multi - metal stairs.

I’m posting this for the stairs I swear :rofl:

The other side of that guild pavilion:

I’m noticing that really not a lot of stairs in boundless have banisters. I’m seeing some screens of other people’s builds as well and

• Most stairs are built against/between walls
  • There’s lots more ramps than stairs

Anyways I made it to september 2019 :sweat: I actually went to my archive hoping to find some of DebStep’s work but I don’t have any shots. She did a beautiful grand entryway for a friend, all in marble and titanium - Sadly I couldn’t find pics.

Apparently I played the game for a little over a year before I even built a forging spot:

Aaand stairs evolving, into ramps:

Meh, I was hoping to find some pics of stairs I’d done with beveled bannisters but really, more railings than bannisters I guess. And lots of ramps. So the pics are tangenital but if it gives you any ideas then that’s cool.

For me it just turned into like 90 minutes of notstalgia. It’s been a struggle not filling up the screenshots thread. :grinning: And apparently these pics end February 2020. By then I think I had converted my big slide/stair combo to a beveled bannister, as well.

5 Likes

okay so definitely couldn’t recreate the picture but i managed to create something that I like.

thanks to @Tmmk for showing me what the beveled chisel can accomplish.

9 Likes

still some blocks to place and chisel to be done but you get the idea

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

Looks great :wink:

1 Like

Oh yeah it’s awesome.

It’s amazing now much block vanishes making a line like this. When you place the blocks there’s that moment of “oh man this is WAY too much material for this spot!” :rofl: Pillars always do that to me, too.

3 chisels and a ton of blocks and it doesnt even look like that much all those corner blocks added up for sure

1 Like